back to job list
Global Manager Key Accounts
- Houston, Texas, United States
This position is responsible for establishing framework and processes to deliver sustainable, profitable growth through strategic win-win partnerships with assigned globally and regionally operating customers through maximum alignment between their business needs and KMT‘s value-proposition and One Team approach with territories and functions. Working with and through regional sales management and staff according to RAVSI and MOS, this position is responsible for developing strategies and plans and to support execution in order to meet or exceed sales targets of these assigned customers. This position will work in a functional matrix both in Global Key Account Management (Energy focus) and Region (Americas). The role is responsible to work with and through the global sales team on assigned key accounts.
- Develop Global Key Account Strategies (3 years and 1 year), targets and initiatives.
- Strategic Business Development for assigned Key Accounts.
- Identify and follow-up on new customer investment opportunities.
- Prepare and negotiate annual contracts for assigned key accounts. Ensure correct contract pricing in SAP. Manage cross-regional quotations for assigned key accounts.
- Share best practices within the assigned key accounts globally and within endmarket component teams. Track savings and roll them up to regular saving reports to the customer. Ensure that contractual saving targets are achieved.
- Maintain customer profiles for assigned key accounts and ensure that they are complete and up-to-date.
- Regular customer visits to the assigned key accounts according to customer-facing MOS, including regular communications with sales assigned to sold to’s where growth is located
- Regular internal account reviews according to internal MOS in order to ensure that business targets (sales and margins) of the assigned accounts are met.
- Lead and work on additional initiatives outside of the assigned accounts including driving new products (be on at least one ACE team), capacity,
- Degree in Engineering / Business.
- Ten years working experiences in related Industrial business / industry.
- Understand metal working business
- Preferable sales experiences in related industry and components
- Passion and energetic, professional and responsible team player
- Ability to understand customer needs and business drivers
- Strategic thinking; ability to develop mid to long term strategies
- Hunter with good external and internal network
- Ability to build and maintain strategic, win-win alliances
- Strong key account management skills; with refined presentation capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills; preferably in English and
- Ability to influence and motivate peers to jointly grow targeted business
- Ability to sell at all customer levels, especially Top Management (VP/President) level
- Integrity and adherence to Ethics and Compliance
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
Email this job description