Job Description and Qualifications:
PVD COATING OPERATOR
Responsible for PVD coating of various cutting tools, this includes receiving products to be coated (internally and externally), prioritizing product flow, cleaning and/or verifying cleanliness of products to be coated.
- Perform all activities in a 100% safe manner and adhere to all KMT EHS guidelines.
- Operate PVD Coating Reactors per specific procedures and/or work instructions. This requires the monitoring of temperatures, gas flows, vacuum levels and process timing while reporting and/or correcting and abnormal occurrence in the operation of the furnace or reactor.
- Prepare products for coating which includes, cleaning, assembly and loading of heats.
- Prepare products for next process step which includes, unloading PVD Reactor, verifying product quality specifications are met and if necessary the disassembly of heats.
- Maintain inventory of and order supplies as needed.
- Require knowledge of applicable hazardous materials including safe handling and disposal.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment problems.
- Responsible for required preventive maintenance of equipment such as seals, shield change, filaments, etc.
- Additional duties as required.