Bedford Plant Controller
The plant controller functions as the leading accounting professional in the plant and is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of results. This position will direct the financial accounting activities and ensure compliance with appropriate accounting policies and procedures. The plant controller will also be the business partner to the Plant Manager and leadership team.
- Accountable for ensuring balance sheet integrity including reconciliations and compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing all month-end close procedures, preparing monthly financial results & various reporting including operational metrics.
- Communicate the monthly, quarterly and annual results to allow a cross-functional team to understand the drivers of business performance.
- Providing financial support to the Plant Manager and leadership team including understanding and communicating operational issues in a format that drives activity that will improve results.
- Analyze plant operating costs in detail and partner with the Plant Manager and business leadership to develop actions to increase profitability and long-term return on capital.
- Prepare the annual manufacturing plan, quarterly forecasts and measure actual performance through-out the year.
- Understand how strategic initiatives that are being evaluated can influence the cost structure of the business.
- Partner with and review procedures done by outsourced financial providers.
- Serve as the finance lead in the evaluation of capital spending & tracking of capital projects.
- 4-year secondary degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of costing accounting and US GAAP required, CPA preferred.
- 5- 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Base knolwedge of SAP works, working experience required.
- Outstanding ability to communicate and partner with business leaders
- Minimal travel expected