About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in more than 170 countries. We earn the trust of consumers in nearly every country by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network – a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Analyst / Senior Analyst, Global Infrastructure Operations opening to join our Information Technology organization.
Day to Day
Reporting to the Manager, Global Infrastructure Operational Services, the selected candidate will have overall accountability for global support of Unix, Linux and VMware technologies, ensuring that the services delivered meet our business needs.
In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for the global Unix, Linux and VMware platforms. You will liaise with the global 3rd-party partners, shaping an operational support model through process and policy development, and be responsible for managing SLAs and future strategies.
This role will manage services of our Global Outsourcing Partners, Manage Service Levels, Action Plans, Policies, Outages, Daily Maintenance Routines, Automation and Customer Satisfaction.
What You Will Do
- Partner to develop business vision and strategy with the service provider.
- Ensure that the strategic outsource partners deliver on the contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Integrate global processes, systems strategy and roadmap.
- Work to align process improvements and development with system strategy along with the business and GIS constituents.
- Communicate to leadership clear and consistent messages, plans and directions.
- Ensure our environment is configured as expected by Whirlpool and other Policies, such as SOX and PCI Compliance
- Manage SLAs for outages, upgrades and maintenance for all assigned systems
- Provide upgrade and improvement paths for all assigned technologies
- Performance, tuning and automation
- Have the ability to script in Powershell, Bash Shell and Korn Shell
- Create/Maintain Service Catalog
- Provide documentation for audit requests
- Facilitate prioritization for various technologies ensuring the right programs & enhancements are being completed and that the systems and processes for infrastructure is stable and reliable.
- Ensure support of deployed Unix, Linux and VMware solutions are effectively & efficiently meeting service level agreements.
- Work with Enterprise Infrastructure in discovery of new process and system trends that will help solve key business problems and ensure business strategy is following our standards, adopting the right technology at the right time.