Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Working within our Product Metabolism & Analytics Science team the successful candidate will serve as a key scientific contributor providing expertise to project teams and other areas as required. This is a role with most projects having different requirements and we are looking for individuals with a background in metabolism, whether it is plant, environmental or mammalian. This is an opportunity to develop your career in Product Metabolism and join a high performing team.
The successful candidate will:
Serve as a key scientific contributor within the ADME, Dietary and/or Environmental functions of Product Metabolism and Analytical Science (PMAS) providing expertise to project teams and other functional areas as required.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of business critical data generated at contract research organisations, being responsible for protocol design, evaluating data and reviewing/authorising company reports.
- Represent the department at various project meetings to address metabolism-related issues, and provide guidance for decision making purposes about compound progression.
- Evaluate and summarize large environmental fate and/or ADME datasets from early stage research projects and provide advice on candidate selection into projects.
- Manage studies placed with external suppliers to ensure delivery of data of the appropriate quality to time and cost.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of studies conducted internally or externally to ensure project needs are met.
- Independently provide technical assistance and innovative solutions to external suppliers, where appropriate, to facilitate transfer of technical know-how.
- Communicate the meaning of data and its implication to projects.
- Through participation in project teams, contribute to key decisions and aid compound selection.
- Work with colleagues in other functions to support the use of data sets generated by PMAS to optimise study design and overall understanding of the compounds behaviour.
Knowledge and experience:
Syngenta will offer:
The opportunity to grow with the world's leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment
An open, supportive, and collaborative working culture
Great opportunities for personal development and career progression
A permanent, fulltime role, based on-site at our Jealotts Hill Campus, Bracknell, England
Competitive salary and benefits scheme