Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full time position as of a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic.
The GSE maintenance professionals should have the following skill sets:
- Knowledge of drive-trains, diesel and gasoline engines, propane fuel systems, complex electrical and hydraulic systems, and metal fabrication and welding.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Advanced Fuel Injection & Diesel Engine Tune-Up certificates/licenses
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certificates/licenses
- Propane Fuel Systems certificates/licenses
- Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses
- Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air conditioners (up to 110 ton), air start units (compressors up to 250 cfm), but will also consider experience in Farm or Heavy Industrial equipment
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.