Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision, we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.
As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off. Our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
We are looking for a Process Analyst, Commercial Business Finance, Detention and Demurrage to join our North America Finance team. This position will be based in Charlotte, NC.
The North American Commercial Business Finance, Detention & Demurrage Analyst will support the NAM Commercial Business Finance team in ensuring simplified and streamlined end to end detention and demurrage processes across North America and the Global Shared Service Center by:
- Providing insights by analyzing complex data across various internal systems
- Implementing process measures and compliance controls
- Auditing and driving compliance to upstream contracting processes and ensuring proper controls in place to effectively manage exceptions
- Auditing and driving compliance to downstream invoicing and pre-audit processes
- Identifying areas of opportunity to further streamline upstream or downstream processes
- Ad hoc projects and deep dive decision support
Further to supporting E2E process improvement for existing products, the D&D Analyst will help drive the launch and management of new demurrage product program(s) by:
- Working closely with North America stakeholders, as well as the Global Shared Service Center organization to ensure new processes, performance metrics and process checks are in place
- Ensure demurrage revenue is optimized by monitoring invoicing and collections performance
- Closely monitoring and analyzing overall performance to identify potential gaps and opportunities
- Ad hoc projects and deep dive decision support
We are looking for:
- Capacity and willingness to learn complex systems and processes
- Ability to research and spot simplification opportunities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, drives issues to closure
- Organization and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high-level goals
- Auditing - understand when high level of detailed analysis is needed and when higher level reviews are sufficient
- Adaptable and able to keep the bigger picture in focus while navigating through a complex issue
- Understand and work with SAP. Understand how to use various other systems including Maersk Line operational and commercial related systems and processes
- Travel up to 10% domestic or international
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Math, etc.
- Participation or leadership of a process improvement project (professional or education experience will be considered)
- MS Excel able to import data, manipulate data, use basic formulas, create charts and graphs, vlook ups, and pivot tables
- Experience coordinating and communicating with overseas internal customers
- You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
- Transportation logistics industry experience (shipping preferred)
- Working knowledge of Demurrage and Detention
- Hands on and technical SAP experience
- MS Access able to create basic queries
- Power Point create and modify basic presentations
- SAP reporting experience/ Business Object reporting experience
We invite you to apply by clicking the following link:
https://kenexa.avature.net/Careers/ApplicationMethods?jobId=50398 All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.