Are you an engineer comfortable working with a wide range of technologies and platforms? Do you understand the day-to-day obstacles to effective software development work? Do you enjoy building new systems from a blank slate as much as you love tweaking existing systems to achieve maximum performance?
This is an opportunity to join Maersk's Digital organisation as a DevOps Engineer and drive visible change at a globally respected, industry leading brand.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will participate in delivering software products that directly impact our business, with strong support from fellow dedicated team members, and drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
You should feel at home working in and around a wide range of technologies and platforms, and empathise with the day-to-day bottlenecks of development work. You'll be working with developers to constantly improve our platform and develop tools and software that allow developers to move faster. You enjoy building new systems from a blank slate as much as you love tweaking existing systems to achieve maximum performance.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Work closely with development teams to enable our software to get quickly into production with fast, agile iterations.
• Design, develop, and deploy scalable solutions that speed up development.
• Contribute to monitoring, stability, and security of existing products.
• Communicate technical design in person and in writing to different audiences.
• Build systems that impact the day-to-day work of our developers.
• Build understanding of digital and analytics projects that drive substantial value for Maersk.
Who we are looking for
• More than 3 years of industry software engineering experience, ideally in a data / analytics intensive company
• An ideal candidate would have either experience with deploying applications in containers (Docker or ServiceFabric), and some exposure to orchestration such as Kubernetes (or Swarm / DCOS), and/or with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (Jenkins or Travis / Pipelines or equivalent).
• Bachelor's degree or relevant technical experience
• Willingness to build on and experiment with cloud data science platforms, in addition to our own services
• Excellent track record of delivery using languages like Python, and either R, Java/scala or C#
• Experience with technologies like git (Github / Stash / Bitbucket) and JIRA or equivalent
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; proficient in unit and integration testing paradigms
• Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English