Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
Can you help take the award winning Learning and OD department to the next level of success?
The Maersk Line Learning and Organizational Development department has recently been awarded the BEST in class award by the Association for Talent Development. This award recognizes our evolution over the years from a simple ELearning provider to a true Strategic Transformation Partner.
Originally training was an afterthought of most strategic projects, but now the Global L&OD team is brought in at the beginning of every Maersk Line strategic project. And now we are searching for a Functional Excellence Leader that will lead our transformation efforts and development programs across our functional departments (Sales, Finance, Opera-tions, HR, etc…). The Functional Excellence Leader will ensure that the company’s strategic priorities get translated into behavior change programs for our 33,000 employees worldwide.
If you are an HR professional with large transformation experience, expertise in change management, and an in depth knowledge of Learning / Organizational Development, then this is the chance for you to be a part of an award winning high performing team that is building world class training programs to deliver Maersk Line’s strategic priorities.
The Functional Excellence Leader is responsible for all of the global functional learning and development programs throughout Maersk Line (example – Sales Academy, HR College, Finance College, etc.). The main responsibilities include:
1. Scoping – (10%) – Partners with the Functional Heads to identify and understand the strategic needs of the function. Partners with functional project teams to identify business critical gaps in performance, and potential solutions. Initially this is a more reactive step in the process, but the goal is for the Functional Transformation Leader to be proactive in its strategic partnership.
2. Design – (15%) – Translating the business needs into specific behaviour change requirements. Identifies potential solutions that will lead to behaviour change (including communication plans, org redesign, performance management, etc…). Creates a long term roadmap of behaviour change actions that will lead to a successful functional transformation. Follows the 70-20-10 model for people development.
3. Development – (20%) – Works with direct reports, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders to build simple, cost effective, and best in class development solutions. When possible, supports the project team in building non-development solutions, for example supports the communication team in building the communication plan that addresses the critical behaviour changes. Ensures all the program’s components live up to Maersk Line LOD standards of quality and ease of use.
4. Delivery and Implementation – (10%) – Ensures the implementation and sustainability of development programs. Works with the Global Service Center, the regional LOD teams, the vendor, the business project team, and the local business to ensure a simple and streamlined rollout of the program.
5. Stakeholder Management – (20% per week) – Reaches out to the functional teams to see how locally the needs are addressed. Takes best practices from the field organization, and applies it to the LOD program. Communicates the vision and plan of the L OD program to the field organization, and ensures buy in. Ensures program is anchored with the business, allowing the Functional Transformation Leader to move onto a new project once implementation has begun.
6. Team leadership – (15% per week) – This role may have direct reports. The Global LOD team assigns variable headcount (internal talent or external consultants) on a project by project basis. The Functional Transformation Leader is responsible for the day to day management, direction setting, and program quality assurance for the assigned direct reports.
7. Vendor Selection & Management (10% per week) – Works within the global LOD team to select the right vendor to fulfill the program’s needs. Be the point person on the vendor selection. Manage the relationship with the vendor to ensure the vendor remains under budget while meeting the expected quality standards. Challenges the vendor to provide solutions that meet Maersk Line’s needs, and not solutions that are easiest for the vendor.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has:
For further information, please contact: Cary Bailey - Findley, Global Head of Functional Training, on Tel + 45 2492 9521 or Anna Pater, Recruitment Partner on Tel + 44 2392 564 944.
You will join our Global Learning & Organizational Development team in Maersk Line, which is responsible for ensuring ML has the right people with the right capabilities to deliver Maersk Line’s strategy. Every year Maersk Line identifies its top strategic priorities, and the Global L&OD team design and deliver the training and OD solutions required by that strate-gy. This covers everything from running small programs for individual teams to building a comprehensive systems and behavior training program for 12,000+ employees.
As applications are reviewed on a daily basis, please note, that vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline indicat-ed. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible. As part of our recruitment process, you may be requested to complete two online surveys (Access PI and Problem Solving C). If you are selected, you will receive these surveys in your e-mail inbox within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Your promise. Delivered.