East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?
Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create Seqirus, now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. Seqirus has a workforce of over 2,000 employees, significant manufacturing capacity and a commercial presence in 20 countries.
Currently for our site in East Hanover, NJ we are looking for a:
Global Medical Countermeasures (MCM) Director
Is the Global Commercial Champion for Seqirus MCM assets. The Director recommends and implements Seqirus global medical countermeasures strategy in conjunction with R&D and Operations teams. The role collaborates with the policy team to ensure that Seqirus remains a partner and supplier of choice for Governments and NGOs.
· Leads the development and effective implementation of the company MCM global strategic marketing plan.
· Analyses trends and opportunities in the pandemic influenza and emerging infectious diseases field to anticipate, evaluate and recommend company’s involvement in new initiatives that are consistent with Seqirus business objectives.
· In collaboration with R&D and Public Health Policy, spearheads management of market development activities for MF59 adjuvant.
· Recommends Seqirus global MCM positioning, key messages, and life cycle management strategies which aligns with the 3 Operating sites and with R&D.
· Develops /Contributes to business cases to allow decision making on specific contracts offers.
· Contributes to negotiations of pandemic and MCM contracting activities
· Strong accountability for developing relationships with key internal functions, including Pandemic /MCM contract management , R&D, Operations, Legal, Finance.
· Responsible for a global MCM budget – Works within the developed and agreed budget.
· Graduate degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, MBA, or health-related discipline. Post graduate business experience required.
· Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in MCM roles.
· Experience in cross-functional leadership activities with high performing teams.
· Experience and proven success in developing marketing strategies and/or negotiating contracts with Governments and/or NGOs
· A comprehensive understanding of Pandemic Influenza and/or MCM market.
· Demonstrated experience working internationally, including dealing with international partners and governments. Established network within the KOL and NGO international influenza and/or MCM community.
· Building effective multi-functional teams: position holder blends people into teams when needed; create strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
· Proven ability to work in uncertain environments and solve complex and ambiguous challenges
· Entrepreneurial mindset focused on achieving goals in rapid and cost-efficient manner
· Strong analytical and project management skills
· Highly developed leadership, communication & interpersonal skills
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.