East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?
Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create Seqirus, now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. Seqirus has a workforce of over 2,000 employees, significant manufacturing capacity and a commercial presence in 20 countries.
Currently for our site in East Hanover, NJ we are looking for a:
Sr Manager, Marketing (Vaccines)
The Senior Manager of Marketing will be involved in the management of a brand or brands in the US within the Commercial Operations Americas organization. The primary responsibilities include the development of the value/brand proposition, marketing plans, and execution of the plan in the US market with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful achievement of the P&L. The Senior Manager will partner with the broader sales teams to support their marketing needs, ensure consistency in brand messaging, compliance in promotional activities and gather insights to improve or create new marketing programs. In addition, the Senior Manager will also support other brands, as needed, to develop and execute portfolio-based programs, strategic and brand planning activities, market research, sales analytics and forecast and budget tracking, among others. This Senior Manager of Marketing will be focused on 4-5 vaccine brands.
· Lead the marketing plan development for the assigned brand and ensure successful execution in the market
· Build brand plan and articulate strategic imperatives to deliver brand, including key brand messages and communications strategy for major stakeholders (physicians, pharmacists, patients, payors, KOLs)
· Develop/validate a differentiated and market research-based brand positioning that supports strategy and priority segments
· Develop and optimize marketing mix, communication delivery vehicles for key stakeholders given brand objectives
· Develop compelling and innovative branded/non-branded physician/patient programs to build compliance and persistency
· With Medical Affairs, develop KOLs and/or national/regional advocates for the brand and coordinate participation in advisory boards and speaker development programs, as needed
· Develop and execute against key promotional/marketing materials and obtain approval through appropriate copy-clearance committees; ensure full compliance as outlined by the Seqirus SOP on promotional materials
· Lead tactical interactions with the advertising agency of record and multiple other vendors, provide feedback on copy and creatives consistent with the brand promise and strategy
· Collaborate with Global Commercial Development on critical brand issues and align as appropriate to the global brand strategy
· Monitor short and long-term market trends that impact brand and continuously identify opportunities and gaps to feed into the strategic and tactical brand plans
· Drive appropriate market research (e.g., IMS, market reports, ATUs) or advisory boards to close knowledge gaps, inform strategic direction, anticipate customer needs and take action to meet them in advance
· Develop KPIs and measure impact of programs on revenue (ROI) and other objectives
· Function as content expert on market dynamics, disease area and competitor activities for the assigned brand.
Partner with the Sales Team to optimize sales tools and programs and ensure their alignment with business objectives
· Partner with the sales team and sales training to optimize the development and utilization of promotional pieces
· Develop sales aid and other tools that are compliant with Seqirus SOPs and US regulatory requirements
· Work closely with Customer Service, inside sales team, reimbursement and other customer support groups to capture customer feedback and/or requests, and respond to them in a timely manner
· Monitor customer satisfaction to ensure customer experience is consistent with brand promise
· Collaborate with Medical Communications in preparation for standard medical responses related to the brand
· Perform ad hoc analysis of market data (IMS and other secondary pharmaceutical data) and sales performance, as required, and effectively communicate these analyses and recommendations to key internal stakeholders
· With market research, support/provide input in segmentation analysis, targeting and call plans to optimize brand value
· Drive trade show and congress execution, partnering with the sales team external agencies around booth development and logistics, key customer events, symposium, product presentations, etc.
· Collaborate with sales team to monitor competitive intelligence and competitor activities, and make appropriate recommendations, as needed
Support other brands in the portfolio and related marketing tasks and activities
· Contribute in the development and execution of portfolio-based programs
· Identify new growth opportunities and programs, propose “big ideas” to be discussed with the broader team
· Deliver oral and written communications, develop and make presentations to commercial management, the sales force, and other internal groups, as requested
· Support all aspects of budget management for assigned brand
· Partner with Finance to ensure timely and accurate spend updates and accruals
· Ensure compliance to Procurement policies of external agencies, including Master Services Agreements
· Participate in financial and brand planning activities for team
· Provide input in building an accurate sale forecast, good understanding of risk sensitivity evaluations
· Provide input in pricing strategy discussions with good understanding of accounting and financial principles
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing. MBA preferred.
· At least 5 years working experience in Commercial in the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare management/strategy consulting experience
· At least 3 years working on a Brand Team or Global Marketing a plus
· Vaccines marketing, sales, sales training, sales operations experience preferred
· Market access, Reimbursement, and Marketing/sales operations experience a plus
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.