back to job list
Sales Engineer - Virtual - Eugene, OR
Eugene, Oregon, United States
This position (Sales Engineer) reports to the functional direction of Industrial Business Unit (Metal working Cutting Tools). The goals are general to growing new and servicing ongoing Kennametal metalworking customers with metal cutting products, services and solutions.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent though not required is preferred
* Knowledge of Distribution Networks and how to manage them is highly valued.
* Cutting Tool sales experience (10 years+) with either manufactures or industrial distributors.
* An intimate knowledge of Metal Removal, machining and part processing. (10 years)
* Servicing and managing a defined sales territory with both established and new Kennametal customers.
* Provide cost savings solutions to customers by technical application of Kennametal metal working products and services.
* Inform and train customers on applying Kennametal products
* Advancement and development of new and improved processes within the metalworking division of Kennametal.
* Build in-depth, long-lasting relationships with key target accounts to promote Kennametal Inc. products and services to support and achieve the assigned sales and growth targets.
* Utilize software programs to facilitate in the selection of tooling to provide "value added" sales of both standard and custom solution tooling.
* Utilization of Microsoft CRM to track and report progress of opportunities is paramount.
* Assess and evaluate both direct and indirect customer needs and develop the appropriate sales strategy to meet and exceed those needs.
* Support and participate in team sales initiatives where applicable by gathering and communicating pertinent information for assigned accounts.
Email this job description