* Build a good understanding of target customers (contact, commodities/ trade lanes, type of business, contract information/exceptions, and service requirements).
* Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing / identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
* Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers.
* Maximize impact of “transactional” sale through effective probing, and lead qualification.
* Track competitor information and market trends, suggest required action.
* Formulate and manage service contracts with customers.
* Ensure response for all sales leads/key correspondence within 24 hours.
* Communicate service or rate changes, notable trends, policies and other relevant information to assigned accounts.
* Assist with processing price quotes and rate negotiations.
* Effectively assist in problem resolution through delegation to corresponding internal department.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and the ability to quickly grasp and work with new software.
* Ensure Customer Relationship Management tool (e.g. Salesforce.com) is updated with leads, targets, and related client information.
* Proficient with web-based software.