Payroll Analyst - HR Shared Services
The Payroll Analyst troubleshoots customer issues to identify the root cause and determine a solution for items related to payroll, time and attendance, benefit administration, HR system support, and general workforce administration within set service level agreements (SLAs).The Payroll Analyst is responsible for supporting the Americas region. The Analyst will provide support internally to our Team Members, Supervisors/Managers and local HR Business Partners within the US, Canada and Latin America by addressing inquiries via phone, email and other methods.
- Large company payroll experience (4,000 employees+).
- Full cycle payroll responsibilities including reconciliation to the general ledger, and issues related to taxes, garnishments, retirement plans and interaction with corporate finance teams.
- Hands-on experience with ADP Globalview or similar large scale platform
- Sign off on bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls by investigating time card and payroll issues to resolution;
- Perform Journal entries and month-end for Accts Payable and Accts Receivable areas.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company’s accounting system
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Prepare and submit bank deposits
- Will share responsibility for Payables and Receivables, including General Ledger Coding, inputting invoices to payable system, writing checks and posting to customer accounts, account reconciliation,
- Respond to customer questions, concerns and issues via phone, email and other methods as it pertains to Time & Payroll Administration;
- Collaborate with Finance and HR teams to work on process/policy standardization, compliance and other projects as needed on payroll related activities.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence (i.e Total Rewards and Talent Development) to support initiatives and administer programs as applicable.
- Preparation of tax returns (many entities, all US states)
- General Ledger Tax account reconciliations
- Resolution of tax issues including root cause and preventative solution implementation
- Reconcile data between Master Tax and SAP, identify variances, and determine corrective action and preventative solutions
- Research and apply tax laws for audit defense, day to day compliance
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or 4 year degree preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional or other certification is a plus.
- 2– 4 years or more experience in corporate payroll
- Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience with case management systems preferred
- Experience with ADP eTime or Kronos preferred
- Experience with ADP Globalview preferred
- Experience with SAP HCM preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Previous payroll experience (include tax or financial background) preferred