Garden City, Kansas, United States
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
For more information about us please visit www.syngenta.com.
The Product Development Agronomist will:
Be the product and technology expert for both corn and soybean seed in the assigned commercial unit, both for Syngenta and competitive products.
Lead product training process for Internal/External employees and customers of NK and Golden Harvest Seeds
Evaluate experimental trials to aid in training the sales force on new product launches, and to be able to provide marketing input into product advancements
Provide input on production planning and portfolio, representing assigned district
Sharpen competitive intelligence on pricing and products
Support product based campaign development in the district
Provides localized and targeted product, technology and agronomic information and advice to DM, Sales Reps, channel partners, customers and prospects.
Promotes Syngenta products at meetings, field days, and one on one.
Provides guidance and as needed direct involvement in handling service calls.
Supports and coordinates plot locations and entries in the assigned area, analyzes and interprets data for promotional use and is the pivot point for Syngenta story amplification in local areas.
The Product Development Agronomist will:
Represent Product Management as needed on a local level to provide product knowledge and product expertise, both internally and externally
Obtain buy-in from Commercial Operations on local portfolio direction and strategies
Teach and develop the agronomic skills of Sales Representatives, Seed Account Managers and Seed Advisors
Call on customers with representatives and serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives and Seed Advisors
Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects and manage direct selling activities when necessary
Member of the District team
Key interface with Campaign team
Partner with Sales Reps to plan strategies to effectively compete with competitor products utilizing working knowledge of those products.
Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
• BS Agronomy / related field required with a minimum of 3 years experience preferred
• Deep knowledge of the seed industry
• Basic understanding of marketing principles and techniques
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of statistical principals and data analysis
• Significant technical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product value propositions.
• Agronomic theory – knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, crop protection.
• Understanding of segmentation strategy and priorities
• 2-4 years of experience in Agronomy or sales as well as strong technical background or
• 2-4 years of experience in R&D role with strong understanding of sales/commercial aspects
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
• Problem solving skills (e.g. ability to diagnose issues with product performance and provide recommendations)
• Theoretical / practical sales knowledge (e.g., what to say and do depending on grower, dealer or retailer needs and unique situation)
• Customer facing skills: manage relationship, build trust, offer support
• Self-management and prioritization skills; balance time across sales reps and accounts in assigned geographic region.
• Teaching / communication skills: ability to communicate highly technical information to growers, sales reps and accounts in a manner that is easily understandable
• Excellent computer/analytic skills in Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong ability to transform trials and data into collateral that will leverage sales with Syngenta Products
Geography: Central and Western Kansas
Critical leadership capabilities
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Exhibited leadership amongst sales team and technical peers
• Actively pursues coaching and training of sales reps, channel partners and other assignees
• Creates professional and successful working environment with Sales Reps, District Managers and other key Syngenta personnel
• Takes timely and effective action to optimize sales opportunities or challenges
• Have understanding of internal Syngenta systems
• Successful and productive internal and external network
• 20% of work performed in a standard / home office environment
• 80% of work performed in vehicle, at meetings and in field locations with employees, co-workers, customers and other associates
• Ability to work irregular hours, days, evenings and sometimes weekends
• Ability to travel by car and occasionally plane
• Participate and be recognized as leader in Ag industry and sales
• Proven track record of successfully completing projects
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
• Internal Candidates: Two years in current position preferred. Candidates who have been in their current position a minimum of one year will be considered if they have the approval of their current business unit leader and hiring unit leader.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.