Goshen, IN - Indiana, United States
Job Summary (Purpose of the job)
Increase Kennametal’s market share by soliciting and obtaining orders and partnerships with key customers in targeted markets that are optimal to Kennametal’s product portfolio and cost position.
Attributes Necessary for Success:
Experience in sales and marketing of tungsten or stellite materials or technical materials involving customized products that require application development.
• Experience working with high specification materials (e.g. tungsten, tungsten carbide, aluminum, titanium, polymers or specialty steels) and/or within another related technology industry (e.g. aerospace or oil & gas). Able understand basic failure analysis and wear factors to provide procedural consultation with weld processes; Mig, GTAW, FCAW, Oxy Fuel, Plasma Transferred Arc, laser welding and Thermal spray processes. Aptitude to manage application development including process selection, application analysis and recommendation
• Proactive sales person who is action-oriented, driven to succeed, and results-oriented.
• Capable of managing to completion a variety of projects and programs simultaneously and efficiently.
• Capable of initiating action and influencing events to achieve goals.
• Proficient at time management with the ability to “make things happen” without a large support organization.
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think “outside of the box” and consider all “what if” scenarios.
• Well-developed negotiation skills with the ability to gain credibility and develop long term value-added partnerships within a complex customer base.
• Experience with formal contractual documentation.
• Ability to work with all levels of a customer’s organization from shop floor to executive and with internal peers and management, conducting all interactions with integrity and respect to individuals and organizations in adherence to Kennametal’s ethics policy.
• Team-oriented with the success of the company, organization, and business as the main objective.
• Attention to detail with a commitment to deliver the highest levels of customer service
• Strong critical thinking with the ability to assess situations and provide innovative and creative solutions in a timely and effective manner
• High-energy, self-motivated and responsible with mature judgment and initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
• Aware of conditions that effect the safety of self, peers, and clients both within and outside Kennametal facilities.
Key Job responsibilities
Develop a sales and marketing plan to target existing users in the territory in order to accelerate sales growth and identify and develop new opportunities.
• Establish professional relationships with key accounts in the territory and promote the Company’s capability (product, value, service, and technology) to ensure Kennametal is the supplier of choice for all current and future requirements
• Formulate accurate competitor and competitive material analyses and identify areas where the Company is able to differentiate its products and service.
• Ensure that the territory revenue and profit levels are achieved by having a thorough understanding of the market opportunities and the strengths and weaknesses of all competitors (capability, value, pricing levels etc.)
• Keep abreast of changes in products, product lines, and company policies.
• Lead account management efforts with customers to drive sales for a variety of applications.
• Negotiate all supply contracts, ensuring clarity on product specification, levels of service, and contractual terms.
• Coordinate closely with manufacturing to ensure clear and 100% accurate communication of customer needs and requirements.
• Successfully manage “total” sales process for each customer from order receipt to delivery of product / service.
• Ensure efficient and effective reporting of all sales activity.
• Accurately forecast the demand and revenue expectations for the assigned territory at required intervals.
• Effectively communicate and report the status of new developments and opportunities within the market.
Education , Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
☒ Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 5 years or more
Education: College degree in Business, Engineering, Science or combination of relevant work experience
Licenses or Certifications: Driver’s License, Passport
Role Reports to – Manager Job Title: Sales Manager
Travel Required: Domestic, Global 50% - 80%
☒ Plant Floor
☒ Various Shifts
☒ Overtime, Weekends, & Holidays
☒ Extreme heat/cold
☒ Heights/Elevated Platforms
☒ Confined Spaces
☒ Loud Noise
☒ Safety Glasses
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.