Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About This Job
To develop and lead the Product Metabolism and Analytical Science (PMAS) in North America (NA). To be a core member of the PMAS Global Leadership Team and to operate as the ‘PMAS ‘business partner’ in North America.
To be accountable for delivering studies for global and regional projects consistent with the global and regional project priorities and Product Safety standards and business practices.
In depth technical understanding of the Product Metabolism Studies and Regulatory requirements primarily in NA (EPA) and also globally.
To give technical and regulatory steers to ensure success in our delivery of studies and projects.
To drive and ensure delivery of the US re-registration process.
Regional lead acting as the global “business partner” for the NA region
- Provide foresight of regional issues requiring commitment of global PMAS resource/expertise
- First point of contact to provide clarity on PMAS organisation and capability to all our partners including other Product Safety Sections, Regulatory Affairs, portfolio planning, and ease of access to the appropriate resources in the global platform. Facilitate most effective use of global resources in support of regional requirements
- Develop NA PMAS capability to operate as part of global PMAS and to support regional needs
Work closely with the Global PMAS Lead to identify, develop and procure internal & external capability and capacity requirements in the region in anticipation of future business needs
Enable face-to-face “above study” dialogue (regarding resources, delivery issues, capability development) with US CROs
- Maintenance and development of effective working relationships that establish Syngenta as an appropriately high-priority client
- Provide local presence to manage “difficult” discussions with CROs (quality, delivery etc.)
- Provide an independent judgement of CRO capabilities and resources to inform placement decisions taken globally
To develop science strategies and technology foresight for emerging science areas that will maximize the opportunities to gain and maintain high quality product registrations.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
Define and maintain critical capability of the NA PMAS platform for the future.
Continue to develop and monitor an outsourcing strategy to maximize flexibility whilst ensuring ongoing development of scientific and technical capability
Develop powerful and creative relationships with key stakeholders, including Regulatory Affairs and regional commercial leaders
Develop a vibrant team with strong connections across the community and with R&D and commercial stakeholders in the region.
HSE /Animal Welfare/GLP compliance
Demonstrated high performance in leading strategic functions and projects
Ability to operate effectively across, lead and influence in multicultural environments
Strong track record in people development and leadership
Strong evidence of operational focus and delivery
Strong and in-depth science background in Product Metabolism Analytical Science coupled with the ability to identify the right questions and appraise the appropriateness of expert scientific responses
Expert knowledge of techno-regulatory business environment including Government authorities.
Clear understanding of PMAS’s contribution to safety and registration deliverables across the stage plan
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without visa support
- Travel – 5%
Syngenta Contact Information:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.