POSITION: Multicraft Maintenance Technician – Night Shift (Huntsville, AL)
- Perform installation and periodic electrical maintenance on a wide variety of machines and equipment.
- Perform maintenance duties (mechanical and electrical) in all powder and chemical departments to support production. This includes installing and troubleshooting motors, motor controls, Phase Angle SCR units, transformers, thermocouples and lighting.
- Work from work orders, maintenance procedures, blueprints, engineering sketches, and/or specifications.
- Install conduit and wire.
- Rebuild gear drives and pneumatic cylinders, plumbing, welding and minor machine shop jobs. Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas.
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Realign and adjust components such as shafts, spindles and clutches.
- Will be involved with new construction and the installation of new process equipment.
- Follow proper LOTO, confined space, hazardous communication, and fall protection guidelines. Observe all safety rules and wear appropriate PPE, where required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and On the Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- A technical or vocational degree, equivalent military education, or completion of a formal apprenticeship program is preferred.
- Two or more years related work maintenance experience in an industrial setting is required.
- Candidate will have to successfully complete the Ramsay maintenance skills assessment.
- Must be willing to work 3rd Shift – 6:30 pm – 6:30 am. There is a weekly shift rotation – 3 days one week, 4 days the following week and every other weekend.
- Must be able to use both hands at the same time while pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, stooping and walking.
- Must wear required protective equipment, where required.
- Must be able to work for long periods of time while standing.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination with well coordinated physical movements.
- Moderate to heavy lifting required (25kgs).
- Must have good troubleshooting, mathematical and record keeping skills. Two or more years related work maintenance experience in an industrial setting is required.