The Senior R&D Engineer Sealless Pumps will be part of the R&D pumps and drives team, developing sealless pumps for the Industrial Product Organization (IPO). This role involves interdisciplinary work on the mechanical design of sealless pumps. The main responsibility is the mechanical design, but also the interface between R&D, manufacturing, product management and supply chain to support the transfer of drive design and hydraulic design to successful products is of importance.
Among others the following technical parts will be the main focus: product lubricated bearings, cooling concepts, ASME/ISO standards and material selection. Furthermore teamwork together with the experts for the magnetic systems, electric motor technologies, hydraulic concepts and monitoring devices will be essential.
The place of work will be Itzehoe, whereas the project team members have an international base. This position reports to the R&D Manager Drives & Diagnostics.Position Requirements
- Academic degree mechanical engineering or physics
- Experience in design/construction/operation of sealless pumps preferred
- Experience in industrial product development
- Able to work with state of the art mechanical design tools (3D CAD, FEA, FMEA etc.)
- Communication in both German and English and willingness to travel
- think interdisciplinary
- think strategically
- experience in multinational company
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.