To prepare orders in their entirety and to move these orders to the shipping department. Includes visual inspection, marking inserts, packaging and labeling all product. Requires a working knowledge of all product descriptions and specifications. This position works under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Manufacturing Manager. Performs duties and tasks without constant supervision. Deviations in routine are handled according to operating procedures and/or work instructions. Supervisor must be notified of any deviation from operating procedures.
- A minimum of a High School education or GED is required. All incumbent employees as of June 13, 1996 are approved due to having either a High School education or sufficient pertinent experience.
- Needs a working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to read blueprints and use dimensional measuring equipment including, but not limited to: optical comparators, digital indicators, measuring standards, and gaging fixtures
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under the position title or those to be performed temporarily outside of the employee’s normal job duties. In performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is responsible for the following guidelines as applicable to their respective areas of work:
- Responsible for accurate reporting of production and scrap data.
- Authority to cease production of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Responsible for performance of routine daily / weekly preventive maintenance to the equipment being used.
- Responsible for adherence to all plant safety rules and to all applicable Federal Regulations as set forth in the
- Occupational Safety and Health Act to prevent personal injury and equipment damage.
- Responsible for general cleanliness of the workplace.
- Responsible for the operation of the machinery and/or material handling equipment in a manner to prevent personal injury or equipment damage.
- Responsible for various additional duties as directed by the departmental Group Leader and Supervisor.
- Employees performing the duties of this position may be exposed to both the handling and/or moving of hazardous material and have been instructed in the proper safe handling/disposal procedures.