Senior Bid and Proposal Analyst
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.Department Description
The Bid & Quote Analyst will be part of the Deals Enablement Team with the purpose to provide excellent bid and proposal support on opportunities. The team lead the pre-sales process when responding to RFQ or tenders timely with competitive pricing while optimizing project cost and protecting margins. Working with sales managers and projects teams provide bid support for customer aligned proposals which enhance Motorola Solutions’ chances of winning business. Deals Enablement team is part of EMEA Sales Operations TeamJob Description
- Respond to Requests for Quotation (RFQ) or tenders from customers or business partners timely with competitive pricing.
- Lead the pre-sales process in terms of deliverables, reviews and internal approvals according to the proposal time frame and in adherence to the contracting Policy and SOP E75. Generate the opportunity financials and P&L and present them to management for informed bid decisions.
- Provide timely Bid & Quote response, optimize project cost, minimize business risk, protect margin and support sound bid pricing strategy which maximizes the chance to win the bid.
- Understand the opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting bid content and strategy. Collect and analyze business intelligence data relevant for the bid.
- Interface with cross functional departments (Sales, Systems Engineering, Project management, Procurement, Product Group, Finance, legal, etc) to scrub all areas of project cost, prepare competitive pricing analysis, conduct Reviews with Management and make recommendation on bid pricing.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Team player with strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently with good analytical and judgement skills to manage proposal processes.
- Very fluent in English(written and verbal) as a minimum and fluent in other languages will be highly valued.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and operations.
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel , Word, PDF, Power point experience.