any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every
moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play
essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around
buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility
workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and
data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational
awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We
help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes,
governance and systems for acquiring goods and services efficiently,
effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides
Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology,
service and delivery. Our Vision is to be a trusted and valued partner
that helps MSI achieve a competitive advantage that enables growth.
Data Architect is responsible for leading the analysis, design, and
development of a new custom data warehouse to support critical business
needs. This position will work closely with Systems Developers,
Projects Managers, and Business Analysts to effectively architect and
design technology systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
design activities which involves understanding the complex inter play
between applications, and the underlying architecture of applications
themselves, along with the long term objectives of the business to
ensure technology solutions best fit the long term vision of the
the database solution by defining the database physical structure and
functional capabilities, data processing pipelines, security, back-up,
and recovery specifications
- Implement data warehouse solutions which are amenable for the different types of data we collect.
- Optimize various types of data to accommodate large data volumes and high throughput processing
support with definition and maintenance of metadata, business terms,
data ownership and governance, CDE’s, information flow diagrams, within
the data domain.
- Analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, and maintenance processes.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Computer Science or related field)
- Participating in an 11i-R12 upgrade
- Developing within big data technologies
- Developing data standards, processes, and policies
- Knowledge in modern distributed architecture and compute / data analytics / storage technologies in AWS
- Understanding of architecture principals and building data warehouse systems
- Must have a deep understanding of databases and analytics
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years in systems, applications, and IT Architecture
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years with three or more of the following; Java, J2EE, Oracle, SQL
have the ability to effectively communicate to a wide variety of
audiences, both technical and non-technical, using both written and
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and excellent attention to details
- Ability to work collaboratively and make decisions in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must use a forward thinking approach on new technologies and how they might be applied to business needs.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Proficient database design skills
- Excellent technical document skills