On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes, governance and systems for acquiring goods and services efficiently, effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology, service and delivery. Our Vision is to be a trusted and valued partner that helps MSI achieve a competitive advantage that enables growth.
The Data Architect is responsible for leading the analysis, design, and development of a new custom data warehouse to support critical business needs. This position will work closely with Systems Developers, Projects Managers, and Business Analysts to effectively architect and design technology systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform design activities which involves understanding the complex inter play between applications, and the underlying architecture of applications themselves, along with the long term objectives of the business to ensure technology solutions best fit the long term vision of the organization.
- Develop the database solution by defining the database physical structure and functional capabilities, data processing pipelines, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Implement data warehouse solutions which are amenable for the different types of data we collect.
- Optimize various types of data to accommodate large data volumes and high throughput processing
- Ongoing support with definition and maintenance of metadata, business terms, data ownership and governance, CDE’s, information flow diagrams, within the data domain.
- Analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, and maintenance processes.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Computer Science or related field)
- Participating in an 11i-R12 upgrade
- Developing within big data technologies
- Developing data standards, processes, and policies
- Knowledge in modern distributed architecture and compute / data analytics / storage technologies in AWS
- Understanding of architecture principals and building data warehouse systems
- Must have a deep understanding of databases and analytics
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years in systems, applications, and IT Architecture
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years with three or more of the following; Java, J2EE, Oracle, SQL
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, using both written and verbal mediums
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and excellent attention to details
- Ability to work collaboratively and make decisions in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must use a forward thinking approach on new technologies and how they might be applied to business needs.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Proficient database design skills
- Excellent technical document skills