On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Global Procurement Organization provides the resources, processes, governance and systems for acquiring goods and services efficiently, effectively and ethically from a diverse supply base that provides Motorola Solutions a competitive advantage on cost, quality, technology, service and delivery.
Forming an integral part of a regional procurement function you will help to support the indirect procurement categories in EMEA (Europe, Israel, Africa, Middle East) region, focusing on understanding the business requirements and driving necessary contracting and negotiations. Through proactively driving the entire supplier lifecycle, you will ensure a seamless supply of services meeting the business requirements, underpinned by the awareness of risk.
Key deliverables will fall across:
- Processing of requisitions per Procurement procedure within TIGERS (Totally Integrated Global Electronic Requisitioning Solution) for Indirect Procurement purchases.
- Create and drive catalog utilization and compliance in the region
- Recommends changes to and ensures compliance with operating policies and procedures
- Supporting long term commercial strategic direction for the category
- Develop a supply base to meet the changing requirements of the category
- Lead supplier negotiations, ensuring framework for a strategic contractual relationship with limited risk
- Provide subject matter expertise on complex purchasing, technical, legal & contractual issues
- Support governance around best practice and purchasing policy
- Achieving assigned category targets for cost reduction, key performance metric goals against quality, productivity, response time and customer satisfaction
- Implementing Global Category Strategies
- Supplier relationship management and review
- Develop relationship with key stakeholders in the region
- Participate in projects initiated by Procurement teams
Preferred skills & experience
- At least B.Sc. degree
- At least one year work experience in Procurement or Engineering/Development or Finance or Buying/Supply Chain or Business/Engineering/IT Consulting. Candidates with several years of relevant experience will be considered for a more senior position
- Experience working in a large complex, matrix, global business
- Ability to work across geographies
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Very good English skills
- Ready to work occasional flexible hours when needed due to cooperation with the US team
- Advanced MS Excel (including Pivot Tables)
- Hebrew language/ intermediate level will be an advantage
- Experience with contracting, including at least a high level understanding of concepts such as payment terms, limitation of liability, indemnification, time and material vs deliverable based, warranty, confidentiality, etc.
- Experience dealing with third parties for service delivery
- Experience managing the RFX (Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal, Request for Information) processes
- Experience managing strategic sourcing projects