back to job list
Krakow, Krakow, Poland
Publications and Graphic Arts
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Easy reading is (…) hard writing. ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
These words written in the 19th century are valid to this very day, both in the world of creative and technical writing. Translating complex ideas into user documentation that is easy to follow requires special kind of skills. This is why at Motorola Solutions we are looking for people who can make advanced technology sound like a well-written prose. If you feel that you’re up to the challenge, then we want YOU to join our Technical Writing department. Watch the promotional video to see how we work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWOzsW-vCk&feature=youtu.be
In this position the Technical Writer will be responsible for:
- Creating user documentation and online helps for Motorola Solutions products.
- Designing and developing technically complex content into a well-structured, communicative, and reusable output according to standards regarding the order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Organizing and researching engineering material and specifications to create high-quality, technically accurate and well-written user documentation for a wide area of audiences.
- Conducting fruitful interviews with engineering teams, software developers, system architects and designers to gain a thorough understanding of the Motorola Solutions products.
- Ensuring that technical documentation - both in development and already existing - is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Testing equipment/software procedures in an actual lab environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferably, in technical background/engineering, and/or linguistics).
- IT/ Telecommunications skills and willingness to acquire highly technical knowledge.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
- Proactiveness, independency, strong organizational skills and ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Advanced communication skills, easiness in establishing contact with other people.
- Attention to details.
- Creativity and non-standard thinking.
Fulfilling the following requirements will be advantageous:
- Technical writing experience with a variety of documentation styles and techniques.
- XML authoring / publishing tools knowledge (Adobe Professional products, Arbortext Editor, Oxygen XML Author).
- Content Management System tools knowledge (easyDITA, Vasont, Astoria etc.)
- DITA standard knowledge.
- Competitive salary package;
- Private medical coverage;
- Life insurance;
- Strong team-oriented culture;
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space, canteen, volleyball field on site);
- Trainings and broad development opportunities;
- Integration events and access to wellness facilities;
- Relocation package for candidates outside the Malopolska region.
At Motorola Solutions, we are helping people in the moments that matter. Join us and make a difference on a daily basis by visiting careers.motorolasolutions.com and applying online.
Prosimy o dopisanie następującej klauzuli: “Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997r o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. Nr 133, poz. 883)."
Job ID, 2453BR
Relocation Provided - None
Position Type - Experienced
Email this job description