Customer Support Spclst / CSM
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Territory > must be located in Portland, all accounts in Oregon, Montana and Idaho.
- The typical CSM will travel for a week and see as many customers as they can in that week - to make sure things are doing well and to upsell when needed/possible.
- Need to be in front of the customer 50 to 75% of the time.
- Weekends are not part of it, but overnights are constant.
- Travel accommodations are reimbursed by the company.
- In the Government and Public Safety Division at Motorola Solutions, we develop and provide industry leading radio communication systems for Police, Fire, Emergency services and other government agencies including transportation, energy, and more!
- We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners.
- We provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe.
- We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible handheld devices.
- The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Manager (CSM) is to effectively and efficiently manage the Lifecycle Service (LCS) business for their assigned customer contracts and ensure customer satisfaction with Motorola Public Safety Customers.
- The LCS business is a combination of forecasting, proposing new services and contract renewals and building relationships with customers and subcontractors.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction involves proper delivery and execution of service contracts.
- If any service is not being performed up to contracted specifications or a process is not producing the correct results, the CSM will become involved and find a solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The CSM is responsible for the overall success and relationship between the Customer’s Operation, Motorola Subcontractors, and Motorola. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide customers a single point of contact for Customer management and ensure service delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance.
- Work with customers to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Manage and maintain services scope as per services contract and ensure customers understand their obligations in regard to service deliverables.
- Ensure that Customers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by the Services Contract.
- Manage sub-contractors deliverables and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Manage product quality issues as needed.
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Assist partners and vendors as needed with payment and billing issues
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- Manage third party vendors as needed -Manage contract change management as needed.
- Work with National System Service (NSS) for contract loading, renewals, and service contract change order requests.
- Gather and provide Booking Packages to NSS for contract loading
- Work closely with the Motorola Program Manager (PM) to provide a smooth transition from project implementation to warranty support and service delivery.
- As a part of this process, the CSM ensures that there are clearly documented support/service expectations and processes for the customer.
- They seek to understand customer expectations and needs to ensure that their operational requirements are identified, properly supported, and if not what additional services can be proposed.
- Work with customer and field teams to create and/or update existing Customer Support Plans (CSP)
- Create customer and service provider Statements of Work
- Execute contract documents and obtain customer purchase orders
- Manage the service contract renewal process for all assigned lower complexity service agreements; including but not limited to customer inventory updates, SOW updates, CSP updates, 3rd party vendor pricing updates / changes,
- Installation Agreements (write-up, obtain PO, and manage)
- Lead and manage the coordination of variation and other change request response and implementation of approved changes.
- Oversee the change implementation into service delivery operations in coordination with Customer. Work with customers on up-sell / cross-sell -Participate in the forecasting of revenue and margin related to Maintenance Agreements, Work Tickets, and Installs.
- Achieve stated on time contract renewal goal.
- Work closely with Sales team to promote Motorola's Services products and achieve stated services growth goal for assigned contracts.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, capable of significant multi-tasking and follows all tasks through to completion.
- The ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbal) with customers and act as a professional representative of the corporation.
- The ability to understand and communicate at a working level Motorola sold services based on proposal and contract/award documents.
- The ability to collaborate and maintain professional relationships with key work partners across the corporation and third party vendors for achieving timely business objectives.
- The ability to think strategically and work through day to day challenges that arise with both internal support organizations, Motorola service providers, and customers.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, Excel, Google Apps, and a willingness to learn and utilize new tools within the organization.
- Experience with managing multiple levels of customer organizations, multiple tiers of distribution and customer end users.
- Experience in developing and implementing customer training and contractor training.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies and techniques.
NOTE: Must be capable of travel up to 60% - primarily in-state
- Associates degree required; Bachelor degree preferred
- 2+ years customer service and support experience, services sales and/or systems management.
Apply on our website: