Job Title: Earth Cutting Business Unit Controller
The Earth Cutting Business Unit Controller is the lead finance position for the global business. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of results and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting policies and procedures. This position is also a critical business partner to the Vice President of the Earth Cutting business.
- Accountable for ensuring balance sheet integrity & compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing all month-end close procedures, preparing monthly financial results & various reporting including operational metrics.
- Communicate the monthly, quarterly and annual results to allow a cross-functional team to understand the drivers of business performance.
- Prepares and presents financial performance of the business on a periodic basis. These reviews include understanding and communicating operational issues impacting the business.
- Analyze the global business results and provide feedback to the business leadership on drivers of performance & ways to increase profitability and long-term return on capital.
- Prepare the annual business plan, quarterly forecasts and measure actual performance through-out the year.
- Work directly with the business leadership in developing strategic initiatives that will increase business performance.
- Evaluate capital allocation in conjunction with the business strategy.
- Oversee the management of working capital required for the business.