JOB TITLE - Program Manager
This role is responsible for managing, through influence, the overall coordination and execution of mid to large size projects. Project types may include: new product development using Kennametal’s stage gate development process, capital improvement projects at facilities around the globe and manufacturing process development and implementation efforts at the production plants.
The primary role and responsibilities will include the leadership, planning, development, organization and maintenance of the project/program timelines and resource plans for defined Kennametal projects. This role will also act as liaison between business functions including Marketing, Technology, and Finance, identifying key stakeholders, and ensuring alignment is being facilitated among process owners.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage day to day responsibilities of multiple project teams by creating complete capital and execution plans, defined success criteria, budget plans and plant readiness plans
- Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy.
- Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business/project objectives using Integrated Master Schedules to identify and manage the critical paths (capacity, capability, etc.) for all projects and requirements. Track and communicate key project metrics and milestones to all team members and stakeholders.
- Optimize resources allocation and utilization to accomplish project objectives efficiently and on time. Ensure schedules are resource loaded to drive accountability.
- Conduct proactive and comprehensive risk management to ensure risks are identified, impacts are known and communicated and mitigations are planned into the project schedule.
- Collaborate with Project Managers in other areas to create a community of practice, leverage standardization and drive positive development within the function.
Knowledge & Skills
- BS degree in an engineering or manufacturing discipline required
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience as a technical project manager leading projects with multi-million dollar budgets using cross functional teams from several different groups
- Able to execute projects of significant complexity and uncertainty from concept through deployment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical, design and manufacturing teams, including contract resources across a global environment.
- Experience utilizing disciplined, structured, and repetitive processes to manage marketing, engineering, finance and manufacturing teams.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating strong collaboration/communication across multiple geographic locations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong competency in customer focus (both internal and external) to ensure project objectives meet the customer’s needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Project Management Software (e.g. MS Project), and demonstrated ability to learn other business software.
- Demonstrated and proven proficiency in project management principals required, PMP certification a plus