An excellent opportunity has been made available to join WIDIA as a Sales Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for generating new business for WIDIA's flagship product portfolio which is highly regarded as one of the most complete product lines in the industry.
By working with our valued customers and driving our success, you will represent some of the most diverse and in-demand products in the industry. From carbide cutters and inserts to solid carbide drills, tool holders and more, we offer our customers a broad portfolio for any metal working application.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for maximizing sales opportunities in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. You will have a sophisticated level of technical expertise that demonstrates why we are a recognized leader in the industry. This will require the use of technical expertise with distribution, end users or a combination of both.
- Identify new sales opportunities and execute the sales strategy for the assigned geographical area.
- Evaluate and evaluate the end user and the needs of the channel partners to help develop the appropriate plan to meet and exceed the objectives.
- Encourage and maintain excellent working relationships with distributors and end users to develop and develop partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of projects to drive the annual sales growth plan. Run on this pipe.
- Keep customers well informed about new technology developments and product innovations.
- Regularly review the changes and dynamics of the market to ensure that the opportunities are in line with the company's strategy.
- Support and participate in team sales initiatives by sharing relevant information for assigned accounts.
- Prepare regular progress, status and forecast reports to management in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate in Road Shows, Open Days and trade shows.
- Can anticipate spending 80% of the time in front of end-users/customers
Typical education and work experience
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent, although not required, and a minimum of five years of experience in the manufacture of high-volume metal is preferred.
- An intimate knowledge of Metal Removal, 5 years’ experience in metal cutting
- An in-depth understanding of the manufacturing industry and concepts associated with WIDIA products.
- An innovative and self-motivated marketer who is able to work independently with little supervision.
- Competence with MS Office in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Location of base
- Competitive basic salary, company car, incentive scheme and benefits package.
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.