back to job list
Process Engineer - Seqirus
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create what is now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. Our site in Liverpool is a Centre of Excellence for egg-based influenza vaccine manufacturing – it is one of the biggest biotechnology sites in Europe and the only injectable influenza vaccine manufacturer in the UK. It also produces the only licensed adjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccine.
Process EngineerCurrently for our Liverpool site we are looking for the Process Engineer. The position will consist broadly of the two main areas:1. Ongoing support of Technical Operations. 2. Defining, leading and executing a non-complex engineering changes and delivery of improvement projects to meet strategic business performance targets (e.g. financial, supply chain, cGMP, HSE and write offs). Accountabilities:1. The following core areas of technical development must be achieved:
2. To advocate, encourage and enthusiastically adopt a culture of participation, involvement and focus on anticipating and preventing potential problems.3. To identify process, system and equipment improvements, design and implement appropriate solutions through appropriate use of change management systems.4. To investigate manufacturing deviations, perform root cause analysis and to provide compliant solutions to prevent re-occurrence. 5. Develop an external focus to ensure industry best practices are incorporated into Liverpool Operations and site technical standards.6. To obtain Green Belt Certification and become an effective operational excellence advocate on site.Profile:A recognized Engineering degree in Chemical or Mechanical is expected; ideally Chartered Engineer qualification.Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills are required coupled with the ability to think independently and influence across the organisation.An innovative, creative approach to problem solving is required along with strong, effective fundamentals of time management, stakeholder management, leadership and the ability to work within deadlines.
- Health and Safety competence, compliance and leadership
- Vaccine manufacturing process operations and improvements
- Project management
- Commissioning of process systems
- Equipment and process validation
- Maintenance programmes and management
- Thorough understanding of critical utilities generation and distribution
- Equipment and process troubleshooting
- Process control systems
- Six Sigma principles
- Business awareness (supply chain management & financial management)
Experienced gained within pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry will be a solid plus.
Email this job description