IT Infrastructure Architect
London, United Kingdom
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
We have an immediate need to strengthen our UK Pre-Sale team with an IT Infrastructure Architect experienced in designing and implementing large IT infrastructure projects. This is a great opportunity to be a part of, and shape the solutions for some of the largest and most exciting public safety communications projects from their infancy.
As our IT Infrastructure Architect, you will form part of multi-disciplined project teams to design and deliver complex mission critical voice and data systems. The systems may be used directly by our customers or used by Motorola staff to deliver Managed Services to our customers. As our IT Infrastructure Architect, will work primarily in the pre-sale phase of projects but may be required to support detailed design in the post-sale phases when required. Typically, it is also likely you will support multiple projects in parallel.
As our successful IT Infrastructure Architect, your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the Design Authority for IT Infrastructure on major projects.
- All aspects of IT infrastructure design and implementation from strategic (determining architecture, selecting vendors, maintaining roadmaps) through to more tactical (producing equipment lists, producing detailed designs drawings, developing equipment configurations).
- Analyse customer requirements and determine the most appropriate solutions.
- Document the design and prepare proposal material including a solution description, bill-of-materials and resource estimates to deliver the solution.
- Support the procurement organisation to obtain and evaluate quotations from suppliers.
- Present solution designs to potential customers and talk knowledgably about industry best practices for data centre design and operation
- Work closely with Motorola’s application Architects to adhere to product guidelines.
- Provide support to implementation teams as required through installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting.
- Keep abreast of industry development and the latest offerings from vendors.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) providing support to other engineering staff and projects as required.
- You will have experience in the design/deployment of IT Infrastructure projects. Ideally, this experience should include working in an environment with mobile applications.
- You are likely to have a Degree or relevant qualification in an IT/Telecoms related subject and hold relevant industry certifications (e.g. MCSA/MCSE).
- Previous proven experience in designing, managing and implementing Windows servers in a production data centre environment including High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- In-depth understanding and of the latest IT Infrastructure technologies, products and best practices including:
- Rack and Blade CISC servers (e.g. HP)
- Storage solutions including SAN, NAS and hybrid (e.g. EMC)
- Experience of designing and implementing:
- VMware vSphere infrastructure
- enterprise-wide backup and archiving solutions
- enterprise Single Sign On solutions
- virtual desktop solution
- OS patching solutions
- remote login solutions
- anti-virus solutions
- You will have a good understanding of network security and experience of design and implementation of public key infrastructure for certificate management
- You will have experience of implementing and managing Active Directory, preferably in a multi-forest enterprise environment
- And additionally, you will be a good communicator with confidence to present solutions to potential customers
The will be a home office based role, with up to 50% located at Motorola Solutions or customer offices within the UK as required for specific projects.
Additionally, you will be willing to undergo Security vetting, following a Baseline Personnel Security Screening (BPSS) check.
Are you interested? Apply HERE!