Maidenhead, Berkshire, Berkshire, United Kingdom
The Command & Control Centre IT Support Analyst serves as an Operations CCC and Tools Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure Event management and Operations L1 delivery excellence.
The Command & Control Centre IT Support Analyst manages, maintains, supports and improves Operations Infrastructure Delivery for Maersk hosted services. This includes, but is not limited to, ServiceNow, SCOM, RIVERBED, SCCM, Oracle Enterprise Manager and all associated tools
- Event management and Operations L1 delivery excellence.
- Work with (and suggest enhancements where necessary) process and procedures to achieve a high level of Operations L1 Infrastructure management maturity
- Support Continuous service and quality improvements – Proactively monitor, analyse, plan, deliver and measure/report
- Evaluate new technologies/trends and recommend changes
- Project/pipeline planning. Working closely with Architecture, Engineering, Service Management and Project Management Office to ensure all changes happen with Operations involvement, knowledge and expertise.
- Carrying out reporting and documentation by the organisation’s standards
- Participate in risk assessment
- When requested – to serve as an Incident Management escalation point for team
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience of L1 event/batch management in O/S, DB and MW technology platforms.
- Hands-on experience with event and batch processing as well as typical trigger / error handling set up with various technologies and helpdesks (SCOM, RIVERBED, ehealth, SNMP, SCCM, Oracle Enterprise Manager, general script / batch processing)
- Good understanding with Microsoft technologies; e.g. AD, Windows Server, Hyper V, Exchange, O365, SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics, IIS, and web hosting
- Proven experience with other technologies; e.g. firewalls, intrusion protection, terminal emulators, system monitoring, and backup/archiving and restores.
- Hands on experience with IAAS, and SAAS and direct vendor management
- Proven experience with technology services; e.g. virtualization, colocation, and SaaS
- Good SQL knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Clusters, Storage, Backups, Data Export/Import, Monitoring tools and disaster recovery
- Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Broad knowledge of IT Operations concepts, architecture & information security (ITIL / Security)
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
The Maersk Group is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. The Maersk Group has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
How to Apply
Follow the link and apply via our careers page or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached for an initial conversation.