Maidenhead, Berkshire, Berkshire, United Kingdom
To fulfil this role, the Test Environment Manager must be able to understand and demonstrate the discipline of providing, supporting and maintaining development and testing environments for major software projects while fulfilling the traditional leadership roles of a manager. This will involve understanding the current environments, enhancing monitoring capabilities, improving deployment methodologies, and creating a test infrastructure that supports tight schedules and a cost-effective testing framework.
The Test Environment Manager will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects, working closely with our multi-national team and 3rd party vendors. In addition to having core environment management competency, they will be expected to show strong communication skills, and have experience leading / managing a team to deliver environments to deadlines. They will be a self-starter with the ability to understand development and test plans and develop these into environment schedules and deployments. They will be expected to regularly liaise with both the offshore and internal development teams.
Required Experience & Skills
- Proven relevant experience in environment management of test systems gained as an environment manager.
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of online, middleware and automation technologies from both a technical and service perspective, specifically developing environment strategies and deployment plans and methods
- Experience of leading a dispersed team within a large global organisation
- Experience of working with 3rd party vendors using an offshore model
- Stakeholder management
- Use of defect tracking systems, version control systems and monitoring systems
- Planning, controlling, and managing the environment provisioning, deployment and support effort for any given development / release
- Experience of waterfall and Agile development and test methodology
- Experience of projects using Oracle Middleware products (OSB, SOA Suite) and Oracle databases
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience in establishing / developing support teams
- Point of contact for any environment defects and triage
- Arbitrator of discussions around Environment Management i.e. if gaps are identified, recommends the supplier best able to fill that gap.
- Coordination of lessons learnt and documentation
- Maintain relationships with Service Providers within the scope of build activities and leveraging Strategic relationships to ensure delivery
- Set up and running of a regular environment forum meeting with programme and supplier stakeholders to ensure objectives are being managed.
- Development of consistent way of logging/ classifying, and managing resolution of environmental defects using HP ALM and Service now tools.
- Deliver Environments Plan showing the availability of environments to meet the requirements of all test phases, including end to end environments, Cross referenced to environmental booking requests.
- Demonstrate pro-active approach in resolving issues and enhancing supportability of environments
Education & Certification
- Degree in a numerate subject
- Testing certifications (ISTQB, ISEB) or Project Management certifications (PRINCE2,
PMP) would be beneficial but are not essential
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, 25 days holiday a year and a number of other attractive benefits.
The Maersk Group is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. The Maersk Group has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
How to Apply
Follow the link and apply via our careers page or email email@example.com with your CV attached for an initial conversation.