back to job list
Head of Global Planning, Supply Chain - Seqirus
Maidenhead, Berkshire, ENGLAND, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?
Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create what is now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. Seqirus has a workforce of over 2,000 employees, significant manufacturing capacity and a commercial presence in 20 countries.Currently for our new Headquarter Office in Maidenhead, UK we are looking for a: Head of Global Planning, Supply ChainRole Overview:The position will improve profitability by leading and managing the Seqirus Sales and Operations Planning process to deliver robust, optimised plans which secure service to external customers, including pandemic planning. It will own and maintain network strategy to define the optimum cost base, robust manufacturing network which delivers supply and company growth objectives. It will define the programme of procedures, training and will leverage planning as a competitive advantage.Accountabilities:
- Lead the execution of Seqirus Sales and Operations Planning :
- Organise the monthly cycle of demand collection, supply planning
- Provide demand and profitability analysis to support the commercial organisation in prioritisation.
- Define and oversee the planning processes and deliverables used in internal and external sites.
- Organise and facilitate the Operations Supply Review, the financial integration and the Executive S&OP meetings
- Maintain simple, accurate reporting of campaign progress
- Integrate R&D, pandemic readiness and life cycle management activities
- Maintain and develop Seqirus Network Strategy :
- Maintain the Seqirus capacity database with current performance and planned future capacity.
- Lead the annual 10 year outlook process of demand collection and supply capacity review
- Provide clear, concise strategy documentation to support network planning and capex planning in line with budget and 10 year outlook forecasts
- Lead the formal periodic review and secure SQLT endorsement of the strategy
- Provide mid-term forecast and requirements data for critical supplier activities:
- Support CMO operations by providing timely accurate requirements data which can be used for order placement, campaign planning and contract negotiations
- Support Sourcing ./ Category management processes by providing accurate and timely data on future requirements for key raw materials and components
- Support financial modelling and strategy by providing accurate data and analysis
- Planning Processes :
Profile:Bachelor’s Degree in business, or technical field relevant to Seqirus’ products; Master’s Degree preferredExperienced in complex planning roles and IT systemsSophisticated multi-cultural matrix management skillsUnderstanding of Seqirus manufacturing technology or the technical capability to grasp this technology and its evolutionExperienced in successfully operating in a decentralized environmentExcellent written and verbal communications skillsCapable of effective interaction with senior executives
- Define and implement the S&OP tools and methodology needed to deliver the global planning process for the UK entrepreneur.
- Define and maintain global procedures for the execution of planning activities across the network.
- Develop planning talent throughout the sites through structure training and development programme
Email this job description