back to job list
IT Infrastructure Design Engineer - 50BR - Seqirus
Maidenhead, Berkshire/ Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a market-leading and innovative company?
Seqirus is the new global company created from the combined strength and expertise of bioCSL and the influenza vaccines business formerly owned by Novartis. In July 2015, bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create Seqirus, now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. With extensive research and production expertise and manufacturing plants in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, Seqirus is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally. Seqirus has a workforce of over 2,000 employees, significant manufacturing capacity and a commercial presence in 20 countries.
Currently for our head office in Maidenhead/UK and Liverpool/UK we are looking for a:
IT Infrastructure Design Engineer
The role of the IT Infrastructure Design Engineer is to design shared IT infrastructure services for Seqirus. The Infrastructure Engineering team will provide technical leadership in the initiation of new IT projects, high level technical support to the business and maintain global IT infrastructure standards.
1. Responsible for the design of infrastructure solutions in support of those IT services that are centrally managed by the IT Services function, including:
2. Define global infrastructure standards and documentation, including:
- Identify opportunities to minimize the IT product portfolio by considering technology/provider synergies in the development of new solutions.
- Carefully balance in-source/out-source/partners and package/build when making technology decisions.
- Design solutions which provide adequate security against hacking attacks, unauthorized access and malicious programs (malware).
- Design solutions that have suitable system and data recovery mechanisms based on the requirements (backups/restore/archival).
- Design solutions with an appropriate level of resilience depending on their business use.
- Design solutions in line with the group IT security policy, IT business continuity plan and quality management framework.
- Advising regional IT delivery teams on best practice.
- Maintain company standards for security practices, e.g. encryption techniques, protocols, server and PC “lockdown” policy.
- Ensure all system source and documentation is kept up-to-date, safely stored, appropriately secured and organized.
- Review the contractual commitments and common practices of outsourced service providers and seek to reach a consensus on best practice.
- Deliver continuous improvement for the organization. Regularly and critically review processes and procedures with a view to improving quality, simplicity, efficiency and/or effectiveness across all aspects of the department and the business.
- Support the Infrastructure Services team in the development of an IT Shared Services roadmap, defining (future) infrastructure and operational IT needs of the businesses.
3. Act as a point of escalation for technical incidents and problems related to the IT infrastructure, including both centralized and regional services. Provide technical support on complex issues and consider where infrastructure changes may be required to resolve long-term problems.
4. Act as technical resource in IT projects, including:
5. Work closely with the Enterprise Architect to research technology advances, including:
- Technical leadership on the development of project initiation documents.
- Specify any and all infrastructure requirements for other IT projects, such as application implementations, utilizing standard service offerings wherever possible.
- Approve that the infrastructure is built to design.
- Brief senior managers on how the business could gain competitive advantage through the use of new technology developments.
- Execute proof of concepts to demonstrate how new solutions would work in practice.
- Feedback findings into the development of service roadmaps
- ITIL qualified, or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience
- Operating with outsourced service providers in an international context
- Deep technical knowledge covering several of the following: data centre and storage infrastructure, enterprise networking; computer hardware and operating systems; communications infrastructure; IT security; Microsoft Exchange; Active Directory and Business Systems architectures such as SAP
- Practical experience of cloud based technologies such as Office365, Amazon Web Services or other “Platform As A Service” solutions.
- Created and delivered effective, pragmatic, timely and cost-effective technology solutions for a global enterprise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Experience of a highly regulated IT environment or good documentation culture, including formal change management processes.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience and GAMP training / qualifications.
- Experienced in designing infrastructure services for ERP systems in the life sciences sector
- Experience of project management methodologies (such as PRINCE 2 or PMI)
competitive salary and benefits package offered, please contact Emma Birch HRBP if you have any further questions: email@example.com” or just click “apply"
Email this job description