The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.
MGIS - Maersk Group IT Infrastructure Services – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from
a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier.
And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world.
MGIS is expanding and maturing its service management capability, which supports Maersk Group business processes and the 89,000 employees. The Problem Management function will provide a best-practice capability to facilitate the desired outcomes and deliver pro-active and reactive analysis and identification of the root causes of problems within the Maersk environments. Working closely with internal and external delivery groups, identifying and managing solutions to remove or reduce those underlying risks and ensuring the function delivers the value needed to support strategic drivers.
This is a key position for an established Head of Problem Management - to lead the function and the ultimate process owner. Leading by example, providing thought leadership in continual service improvement to process, support & technology. You will also manage the Problem Management staff performance, behaviours and well-being, supporting and promoting Maersk culture and values
The role will also be to manage and continuously improve the problem management processes, and to facilitate logging, management and recording of problems through to resolution by performing root cause analysis, coordinating 3rd party analysis, and communicating with service owners to ensure workaround and solution suitability.
You will assist with Major Incidents by providing root cause analysis of the underpinning infrastructure, to find workarounds or resolutions to restore service. The Problem Manager Lead will perform pro-active analysis of technical data to identify underlying problems, which have yet to be identified.
Your key areas of expertise will be Process Management, Problem Management, People Management, and Supplier Management.
Who we are looking for
• Strong People Management skills with proven experience of managing teams including off-shore and outsourced resources
• Ability to mentor and assist team members to improve
• Excellent analysis skills – E.g. Kepner Tregoe, Ishikawa, pareto analysis
• Self motivated
• Process focussed, minimum ITIL foundation
• Flexibility to adapt to change in a dynamic environment
• Work collaboratively with the company’s other IT infrastructure teams
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills with people at all levels across the organisation
• Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks well
•.Demonstrate a business focused mind set, with strong emphasis on teamwork and efficiency
Candidates should have a variety of skills in more than one of the following areas:
• ITSM Process design and implementation
• Previous technical infrastructure experience
• Previous software development experience
• Understanding of a range of Storage Technologies
• Knowledge of data Storage for physical and VM servers
• Understanding of Database use relating to the access, use, integrity, security and storage information
• Knowledge and experience of OEM 12c including Patching, Provisioning, Compliance, Monitoring and configuration management
• Knowledge of Service Management Toolsets including Service NOW
• Knowledge of methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, COBIT, Prince 2
• Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
As applications are being handled on a daily basis, please note, that the vacancy may be filled earlier than the deadline indicated. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible. Please ensure that within your application, you submit your CV and a covering letter.
Please also note, in order to be considered for this role, you must possess the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Your promise. Delivered.