back to job list
Oracle Subject Matter Expert
Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom
|As a production Oracle Database Administrator (DBA), you will acts as subject matter expert within Oracle Database management. Your primary function will be to operate Oracle databases ensuring that systems are running optimally, ensuring availability, efficiency and recoverability. An Oracle DBA with experience working with a managed service is highly desireable. |
- Understanding, articulating, and operating Oracle Database platform management
- The Oracle DBA will be an active participant of a workgroup with the need for specialised knowledge regarding database operations
- Ensuring Oracle database platforms are running 24/7
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for daily operations.
- Monitoring and patching of systems, and proactively preventing incidents. Where incidents occur, the Oracle DBA will actively support the Problem management process to resolve and avoid further occurrences.
- Database and SQL performance tuning
- Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, change/incident managers, engineers, and senior staff members
- The nature of the position involves actively participating in multiple work-groups at one time, and disseminating information across all levels of the organisation
- Reviewing technical documentation from the build team, such as user guides, manuals, and system specifications, prior to transition into operation, and ensuring their subject area is accurately represented
- Contribute to continual service improvement by challenging, reviewing, updating and where inexistent creating, processes and procedures in order to drive operational excellence.
- Keeping up to date with current trends in IT
Required skills and background
- Proven experience with Database Administration for Oracle 11g/12c Server; troubleshooting and resolving database problems, Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in GoldenGate
- Explicit experience and expertise required of OEM 12c
- Expertise with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Explicit knowledge of partitioning, clustering, indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Linux, Unix and ideally Windows server, including enterprise disk
- Networks, network captures and network troubleshooting (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Demonstrable experience of Oracle Database migrations
- Exposure to Cloud platforms would be a bonus
- Experience with SQL Server/MQ and other middleware technologies across the stack will be considered a plus, but not required.
- Strong operating system skills, primarily Linux to include scripting and performance monitoring. Linux administration experience a bonus
- Preferred certifications, but not required or limited to:
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience with ITIL framework, specially Service Operations and Service Transition
- In addition, would be advantageous any/some of the following:
- Task Management
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Solution Architecture
- IT Standards, Process and Procedures formulation
Email this job description