The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.
As a Group, its business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, approach to sustainability and drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the Group’s continued success and future growth.
With the ambitions of the different businesses in the Group, there is a need to strengthen the IT infrastructure, as this is a core enabler for future growth and stability. The Group is now taking the next step in professionalising its IT infrastructure services by creating a world-class professional IT shared services organisation that allows its employees across the world to stay connected and do business seamlessly, through efficient and reliable infrastructure. The new organisation will service the entire Group on Infrastructure services and will enable the Group to have consistent and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure services, and an increased ability to accelerate key improvements such as IT security.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
We are looking specifically for a Team Lead for the outsourced Release/Integration Management capability for SAP (and other related Finance Systems)
You will be :
- Point of accountability for successful release deployment (at the correct time and with high quality, for periodically scheduled and exceptional releases)
- Ensure all projects and support teams have the correct software, hardware and data available as required to support successful release deployment
- Coordinate the delivery of environments in cooperation with infrastructure service teams
- Coordinate system requirements and deploy with the architectural teams and testing teams
- Define gate keeping processes and maintain these, including compliance to the documentation guidelines, within established frameworks including the Project Delivery Model
- Define and execute SAP Solution Manager roadmap with respect to its use for managing changes through the landscape
- Define and maintain processes and tools to govern, control and execute change across teams and projects, within the framework of Change & Release Management
- Define release and deploy strategy and plans
- Manage Change & Release Management tools as the product and service owner
- Capture Risks and Issues related to Release Management
Who we are looking for
10 years professional experience in IT, including technology-oriented systems analysis, project management, and release management in a complex SAP environment
- Understanding of Change management controls and processes
- Experience with Charm (SOLMAN) and other similar tools (e.g. Basis Technologies TE)
- Excellent communication and mediation skills, including ability to align different stakeholders’ views to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Strong planning skills and process orientation
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related discipline
- ITIL Foundation
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to grasp & simplify complex concepts & requirements
- Ability to cope well in a fast paced environment
- A team collaborator and player who can encourage and promote one team principles to meet common goals and add value to the business
- Strong time-management skills
- Proactive, delivery-focussed attitude and approach
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues at a variety of levels
- Sound judgement in decision-making
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible, proactive and adaptable to change.