Maersk are currently recruiting a new and exciting role : as a production focused SQL Database Administrator (DBA) you will manage the Azure cloud based data platform. On a day to day basis, the role oversees and ensures that all database servers are backed up to meet disaster recovery objectives. Creating, configuring and optimising alerting mechanisms to minimise SQL Server failures and interruptions. Your skills allow you to readily set operational best practices and proactively investigate sub-performant SQL operations and make recommendations for their improvement.
You will be working inside the Cloud IaaS Operations team as a subject matter expert and with our private cloud provider who manage a complimentary set of database installations. By performing root cause analysis of SQL Server service outages, interruptions and performance issues as they occur to ensure operational excellence.
We are looking for:
- Proven experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server 2008 R2 through 2017; troubleshooting and resolving database problems, Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Expertise with backups, restores and recovery models. Proficient in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server. Always-On, FCI and AG Replication Transactional & Log shipping
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Explicit Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Analysis Services, Integration Services, Master Data Services, Reporting Services and Data Quality Services experience would be considered a plus
- Experience working with Windows server, Azure including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Proven experience working with database migration projects. Recent experience with SQL DB migration from on premise to Azure highly desirable.
In addition, would be advantageous any/some of the following:
- Knowledge or experience with management platforms (SCOM/SCCM) will be considered a plus.
- Task Management.
- Risk Analysis and Management.
- IT Standards, Process and Procedures formulation testing
Preferred certifications, but not required or limited to:
- ITIL Foundation
- MCSA Windows Server 2012+
- Experience with ITIL framework, specially Service Operations and Service Transition