This is an excellent position for an Service Introduction Manager who will own the end-to-end responsibility for introducing SAP and other finance system project changes into IT Operations.
- Ensure the correct level of due diligence / impact assessment has taken place to deliver and support the new or modified IT Service, working with project managers from the point of project initiation onwards.
- Manage a portfolio projects / large change requests through the Service Introduction Process.
- Support project teams to forecast demand for all new or amended services.
- Act as the single point of contact for the projects, coordinating all service transition activities.
- Lead with Service Design and help projects to define the appropriate end-to-end service model with clear responsibilities confirmed for key processes including incident management.
- Protect Operations / Production by ensuring project releases do not have adverse impacts.
- Drive collaboration between different teams including third party suppliers.
- Work with the SAP Release Manager and MGIS Change Manager to ensure that transition and implementation plans fit into overall release calendars.
- Ensure that the Change & Release Management team receive timely information as to the scheduled release of new or amended IT Services.
- Help the projects to successfully transition the service by clearly defining the Operations Acceptance Criteria from the start and guiding the projects to meet them.
- Confirm outcomes of Operation Acceptance / Operational Readiness Tests in support of go live gating.
- Agree Early Life Support / Hypercare arrangements with project teams.
- Ensure the ‘Build to Run’ plans for new services are agreed and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Support the relevant Service Manager with preparation for transition to BAU.
- Agree the Early Life Support (ELS) success criteria and monitor results.
- Take active ownership of deliverable (project artefact) quality and timeliness, verifying the information captured within the Project Delivery Framework is accurate and sufficiently detailed.
- Provide timely reports to support decision making at all levels.
- Identify all risks and issues that could have an impact on implementation, service transition and stabilisation, or BAU service performance; facilitate discussion and mitigation activities.
- Ensure that project funding incorporates recurring costs and that changes to each element of service are completely covered by budgetary planning.
- Own the process and develop service improvements for the SAP/Finance systems service introduction / transition process (through the complete ITSM lifecycle).
- Practical experience of relevant ITIL Service Management lifecycle processes in an SAP context – 5+ Years
- ITIL v3 Foundation - essential
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Service Operations – desirable
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Service Transition – desirable
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Continual Service Improvement – desirable
- Prince 2 Practitioner – desirable (training available).
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to grasp & simplify complex concepts & requirements
- Ability to cope well in a fast paced environment
- A team collaborator and player who can encourage and promote one team principles to meet common goals and add value to the business
- Strong time-management skills
- Proactive, delivery-focussed attitude and approach
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues at a variety of levels
- Sound judgement in decision-making
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible, proactive and adaptable to change.