back to job list
Windows Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom
The Windows SME is the lead technical authority within the Desktop team. This role covers a variety of desktop and virtualisation technologies.
The SME will be responsible for service and operational improvements as well as act as a technical escalation for the Vendor and Service Owner.
This person will be responsible for keeping abreast of the industry, keeping the Service Owner and operational teams updated.
As an internal service provider, Maersk Group IS also manages new requests from its customers. The solutioning of such requests will be performed by the Architects who will work collaboratively with the SME.
- Translating subject matter terminology into business terms and recommending alternatives
- Troubleshooting and 3rd line support activities
- Creating and reviewing technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals, and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users, and ensuring their subject area is accurately represented
- Understanding, articulating, and implementing best practices within area of expertise
- Present and promote the relevant architecture and strategies within the wider IT community
We are looking for:
- Expert Windows knowledge
- Proven VMware experience (pref VCP4/VCP5 certified)
- Knowledge of application delivery technologies (ThinApp, App-V, XenApp, SCCM)
- Windows client environment management (GPO, Login scripts, print, user environment, imaging)
- Server and client hardware (HP, DELL, IBM)
- VCE vBlock experience a distinct advantage
- Robotics eg Blue Prism and/or Automation Anywhere a distinct advantage
Email this job description