Miramar, FL Florida, United States
We are looking for a Capacity Analyst for SeaLand based out of our Miramar, FL facility.
SeaLand, the containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.
As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off. Our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
The Analyst is responsible for executing and coordinating operational allocation management within the scope of the NAM Regional Liner Operations Center. In conjunction with the manager level of capacity execution, the analyst will be responsible for overall operational string utilization, operating cost and performance.
- Optimize mother vessel utilization per delegated services.
- Pro-actively identify and propose initiatives to reduce service operating costs.
- Manage capacity allocation of responsible strings through GCSS tool by comparing current uptake against historical and planned. Proactively engage UTM tool when under/over performance is identified.
- Provide final projections of bookings and move counts for your respective port calls through cap sheets, optimizing vessel intake while minimizing operational cost. Communicate if move counts differ from the pro-forma and recommend changes if appropriate.
- Recommend, co-ordinate and communicate contingencies, including rolling pools, port omissions, cut n runs, and system updates.
- Audit and drive GSP to increase the intake of the vessels and challenge current loading conventions.
- Proactively communicate with Country Commercial Planning, Network & Product functions in the center, as well as with GSP and VSA partners.
- Act as liaison between Operations Clusters and commercial entities for day to day activities.
- Point person to communicate contingencies, projections, and any further allocation issues with VSA partners on owned or partner vessels.
- Establish, maintain, and manage receiving windows/cargo cut offs for each port within service scope balancing cargo flow, operational cost, and commercial needs.
- Closely monitor partner loadings and allocation to ensure overall utilization of owned assets. Manage bookings on partner vessels to achieve full utilization while eliminated excess cost.
- Update and manage data quality in COMS with allocation, rollings, and partner loading reports.
- Adhere to the global flow plan where applicable and find a balance between empty and full loads on your strings. Recognize and understand that priorities may not be full cargo.
Key Performance Measurements:
Performance against Key Responsibilities will be measured based on separate KPIs developed for the position. These will be established and agreed upon within the overall KPIs that are determined for NAM LOC.
- Asset optimisation techniques and balancing supply with demand
- Global (multi-cultural) communication and interaction
- Understanding commercial priorities and drivers
- Diverse stake-holder management
We are looking for:
Understand the Operational / Commercial business processes across the NAM Cluster.
At least basic knowledge of Operational concepts internally and externally.
Knowledge of data analysis systems and operations systems.
Ability to react and make adjustments on short notice
Analytical and comfortable working with complexity
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Stakeholder management - manage requests and inquiries and provide timely responses, comfortable working with challenging personalities
Comfortable under pressure, able to make decisions on the fly, resourceful.
Comfortable with being responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars for the company.
Able to travel up to 10% domestic or international, as needed
Able to work after hours / on call as needed for support
Business analysis / data analysis experience pulling data from multiple sources, validating, analyzing, and interpreting data for business needs, creating reports and presentations, creating forecasts, etc.
Experience with service Operations or Customer Service roles
MS Excel able to import, manipulate, and export data, sort and filter, create and use vlook ups, pivot tables and basic formulas, create charts and graphs
MS Word able to create and modify documents
Able to work within multiple systems and data sources
Transportation logistics / shipping industry experience
Proficient in Spanish (speaking, reading, writing)
MS PowerPoint able to create and modify presentations
Experience with any of the following: Boxi Reporting / MARVEL, GCSS, MEPC, GSIS, RKEM
If you are interested, please submit your application thru the following link:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.