Network Planning & New Products:
- Evaluate and optimally size the ships in the network based on the forecasts and/or commitments of various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Understand key commercial and operational drivers for all the Intra-Americas and feedering strings, taking these into account during network design Identify network requirements on Maersk Line’s strings, benchmark costs and negotiate with ML string managers for allocation and equitable slot rates.
- Manage the process of creating new products/new string development, including conducting feasibility studies; presenting comprehensive and accurate decision bases to CLO and CEO for approval; developing implementation plan for the approved strings/deployment changes; and subsequently benchmarking monthly string profit/loss against signed-off decision bases.
- Proactively benchmark key competitors’ service network, mapping strengths/weaknesses, identifying suitable slot purchases to complement own network coverage
String (Product) Management:
- Analyze volume, revenue, fixed and variable costs for all strings and take corrective actions to maintain or improve yields, including re-design of string in coordination with Trade Managers
- Work with Maersk Line (LOCs) to ensure equipment supply and allocation is in line with Sealand’s targets
External Stakeholder Management:
- Assist in building and maintaining long term relationships with other partners in the region liner trade and feeder market
- Conduct negotiations via cooperative agreements to enhance Sealand’s network and reduce fixed cost.
Internal Stakeholder Management:
- Drive unit cost reduction working closely with OPS to ensure optimal execution of main services and feeders.
- Develop a strong liaison with Maersk Line’s various LOCs to understand their feedering requirements and where Group synergies could be harnessed.
- Conduct quarterly feeder reviews with LOCs and make service proposals.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- A strategic visionary with strong analytical abilities, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Exceptional verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent number crunching and calculation abilities.
- Detail oriented individual able to constantly deliver high quality work.
- Fast learner and able to work extremely well with information technology systems.
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects.
- simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills, strong cultural awareness.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry with at least 3 years in operations/terminal/trade/line.
- With a specialization in shipping, international business, engineering, Logistics/Supply Chain or similar area preferred.
- Proven track record, reputation in the industry.
- Strong understanding of global operations of transportation industry particularly, international shipment cost drivers and procurement project requirements.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ability to quickly adapt to new systems.