The Maersk Group in Australia comprises various business units, such as Maersk Line, Maersk Drilling, Maersk Supply Service, Svitzer and Damco Logistics.
We, being an equal opportunity employer, are renowned for our dedicated and professional staff and global career opportunities. A role is now available for a self-starter individual to join us as Tax Associate, Australia Tax Centre.
The Group’s Corporate Tax Centres (CTC) worldwide work in dynamic environments and value add through a centralised tax function that deliver business partnering services to local business units, ensuring optimization of tax incentives and establishing a coordinated response to tax authority enquiries. Given the significant business presence in Australia, a CTC has been set up for strategic benefits and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Excellent learning opportunities and exposure in a Fortune Global 500 company and industry leader
• Work and communicate across a diverse range of businesses that will enable you to build a strong professional network
• Part of a newly established team of tax specialists based in Sydney and a wider community of international tax professionals
• Unique opportunity for candidates to enter an in-house function during its early stages, and to gain wide ranging industry experience
• Being part of a truly global organisation gives significant opportunities for career development
• Sydney CBD office location
• Key member of in house function, reporting to the Head of Tax for Australia Tax Centre
• Prepare direct tax and indirect tax returns
• Support responses to tax authorities’ queries and/or tax audits as they arise in the region
• Provide advice to and support business units and project teams
• Initiate and implement direct and indirect tax internal controls
• Direct tax reporting to Group Tax in Copenhagen
• Provide training to business units
Who we are looking for
• Chartered Accountant
• Minimum 5 years of relevant Australian direct tax experience, knowledge of shipping taxation will be an added advantage
• Big 4 accounting firm experience
• Candidates with experience gained within an in-house direct tax compliance function are encouraged to apply
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Organised and self-starter individual
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Financial reporting systems experience desirable
• Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
If interested, kindly apply to this link: https://jobsearch.maersk.com/vacancies/publication?pinst=005056A52F591EE5AEE9D53C6E6BC0AE&CallBackUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.maersk.com%2fsystem%2fsapcallbackurl&userid=