Job Summary and Mission
Manages the sale of products and services in a specified geographic area through assigned sales engineers and reps and sales office activities. Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
Key Position Accountabilities
Manage day-to-day responsibilities of a function or small unit/department
Develops annual sales plan for assigned territory
Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy
Manage operating and capital budgets. Manage quota allocation and variable compensation plan for the team
Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business objectives
Develops strategy to enable unit to meet sales plan.
Optimize resources allocation and utilization
Define and communicate goals, objectives and strategies to team members
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of specialized field or expertise. Oversees execution of key cross-functional projects in support of strategy.
- Overall understanding of business objectives and influence of department on achievement of those objectives.
- Typically accountable for the performance of : - Products and/or discipline within a small business unit or staff function.
- Accountability for Revenue/Product/COGS range from $50M-$300M.
- Limited cost exposure impact on functional performance
- Develops the tactical plan for the area of accountability as a reference point to execute strategy.
- Provides input into attainment of strategy for area of accountability.
- Identifies emerging issues relevant to area of accountability and adjusts execution plan to address issues.
(Role in directing people, time and/or dollars, either direct or indirect)
- Determines how resources are allocated within area of accountability.
- Provides input into organizational design for area of accountability, primarily with a focus on short-term.
- Typically accountable for development and adherence to a departmental budget.
- May build and maintain relationships with constituents outside Company to support business needs.
- Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities.
- Makes decisions using detailed analysis, integration and constructive thinking.
- Decisions are guided by set policies and procedures, business plan, resource availability and functional objectives.
- Has responsibility for making decisions and managing risks that would have little or no impact on the assets of the Company.
- Provides input on decision making within area of accountability.
Typical Education or Equivalent Work Experience
- 4 year secondary degree, plus advanced degree preferred OR combination of relevant work experience and education.
- 8+ years in discipline.
- 3 - 5 years management.