This position is responsible for managing the manufacturing quality activities for the Orwell Ohio facility and meeting customer requirements of global customers served by the facility. This position directs and coordinates activities of all QA operations to maximize quality, customer satisfaction, compliance, productivity and profitability. Clearly communicates complex information and project status through written and oral methods. Effectively communicates and collaborates cross functionally with other groups across the supply chain as well as externally with customers and suppliers.
This position is responsible for:
- Compliance, with strong focus on customer needs and improved customer satisfaction, and leading problem resolution of all manufacturing quality activities.
- Driving strategy and projects targeting specific customer satisfaction levels and improved internal quality performance as defined for the region and business unit.
- Identifying and driving quality improvement efforts using established tools – QM in SAP, Six- sigma, Lean, RCA, and other quality tools.
- Managing facility QMS systems assuring quality processes and procedures meet all quality compliance requirements and meeting customer requirements.
- Communicating to internal and external customers so that goals and objectives are clearly identified and reported.
- Effectively leading teams, providing support and leadership to overcome challenges in meeting goals.
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have sound organizational and planning skills
- Must be self-directed and solutions-oriented person
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with and advanced knowledge of QA requirements for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- BA / BS degree preferred - Metallurgical or Materials Engineering would be a plus, Six Sigma, CMQ/OE, CQA or CQE certification desirable
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably carbide manufacturing
- Quality or engineering background required
- 3 to 5 years of management experience