back to job list
Customer Support Manager - 781BR
Remote, Alberta, Canada
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
This is an individual contributor role in which the incumbent will work directly with an established client group to deliver on assigned objectives which include ensuring the integrity and reliability of the customers’ communication network by:
a) Working as a technical resource (SME) to pro-actively manage all technical and/or network problems with impacting client communication systems (including those requiring escalations); facilitating product/system upgrades and scheduled maintenance outages (including managing the work of third-party service providers); and working to ensure both customer satisfaction and customer retention.
b) Working with Motorola’s Sales team (and other internal teams) to grow/enhance the assigned portfolio (new accounts, new services).
c) Building customer relationships and instilling customer confidence in Motorola as a service provider.
d) Contributing to Motorola’s monthly and quarterly status reports and revenue tracking.
• Manages assigned accounts (small, medium, large) with primary emphasis on supporting existing accounts/contracts in accordance with SLA’s
• Pro-actively manages/assesses account issues and risks.
• Consults with customers to understand issues and concerns, to offer solutions, and to determine/advise both the process and the timelines for resolving.
• Works with Sales to procure new accounts and/or manage new opportunities in assigned region, and/or to up-sell additional services to existing accounts.
• Builds/cultivates and manages relationships with key stakeholders - both internal (Motorola) and external (customer, third party service providers, other stakeholders).
• Accountable for adhering to contract budget (cost/margin performance).
• Helps customers to define, plan and execute technology transformation programs - including defining business requirements, developing strategy, defining the architecture, identifying the operating model, determining the re-engineering process and the IT analytics required to enable customers to move towards a “best-in-class” IT organization.
• Collaborates with multiple stakeholders - from the customer, Motorola (internal teams), and external partners - to resolve complex customer issues.
• Leads cross-functional teams to both understand client issues and deliver critical solutions/ outcomes.
• Manages/provides oversight to third-party service providers while on-site.
• Facilitates client presentations and coherently articulates value add to the client
• Must be able to discuss and demonstrate current industry knowledge, understanding of competitors as well as the network and infrastructure markets, and future trends.
• BA/BS degree in Engineering or Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related role (a role that includes either selling, delivering, or servicing communications solutions).
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a consultant or trusted adviser to executives and senior management in a client setting.
• Familiarity or knowledge in the Petro/Chemical Industry a Plus
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large/complex projects.
• Understanding of the communications industry – including understanding of people, processes, technology and governance.
• An “out-of-the-box” and solutions focused thinker – with good understanding of current and future trends in the communications industry.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills – including the ability to capture client requirements and to formulate solutions.
• Excellent and extensive analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills – both oral and written.
• Ability to work independently with generalized direction and guidance, and as part of a team.
• Advanced presentation and negotiation skills – including the ability to influence customers and outcomes.
• Strong sense of professional integrity, and strong leadership skills to coach and mentor others, and to facilitate transfer of knowledge.
• Strong entrepreneurial drive to grow the assigned service portfolio (sales and delivery focus).
• Able to represent the organization professionally, and to interface credibly with external customers (written, oral, and presentation skills are important).
• Proficient in use of MS Office computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), and Goggle applications.
Email this job description