back to job list
Application Engineer - Virtual -
Remote, PA, United States
- Prepare and run-off, tooling and the subsequent implementation of tooling in the customer’s facilities.
- Work closely with Kennametal Inc. engineering in USA as well as Germany.
- Upon successful implementation of Kennametal tooling, fully train and support the MWS field sales staff in ongoing issues with these major programs.
- The position will also be critical to the advancement and development of new and improved processes within the metalworking division of Kennametal.
- Build in-depth, long-lasting relationships with key executives in the accounts to promote Kennametal Inc. products and services to support and achieve the assigned sales and growth targets.
- Utilize software programs to facilitate in the selection of tooling to provide "value added" sales of both standard and customer solution tooling.
- Utilization of CRM to manage customer relationships.
- Assess and evaluate both direct and indirect customer needs and develop the appropriate sales strategy to meet and exceed those needs.
- Support and participate in team sales initiatives where applicable by gathering and communicating pertinent information for assigned accounts.
- Negotiate contracts, programs, and other agreements.
- Participate and have active role in engineering organizations such as AMT, SME, or other associations that are country or region specific to develop networking opportunities and build long term relationships with key builders and dealers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent though not required is preferred and a minimum of ten years’ experience in high volume metal removal manufacturing.
- An intimate knowledge of Metal Removal, 10 years metal cutting experience
- Knowledge of machine function and MTB Distribution Network highly valued.
Email this job description