This is a manufacturing position that will provide direct production responsibilities, technical expertise and general leadership to support cutting tool grinding operations. Production performance is associated with cost, quality, and delivery, while meeting industrial health, safety, and environmental standards. This job is not only to effectively run equipment but to develop better and improved processes.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to provide direct production, primarily for operations in o.d grinding.
- Assist in the design and development of manufacturing devices, including tooling, fixtures, and gauges to improve and enhance the process.
- Take part in determining equipment / machinery requirements
- Develop and maintain PM (preventative maintenance) programs for the machinery
- Establish and maintain manufacturing work standards.
- Actively support LEAN processes with a team approach through leadership and getting employees engaged
- Support process and equipment reliability and capability
- Train and assist production employees with new manufacturing developments
- Develop effective work instructions to support quality systems
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Work with outside vendors to supplement manufacturing needs
- Manufacturing engineering department manager and department members
- Product design department manager and design engineers
- Production supervision
- Production employees
- Customers and vendors
- Quality Engineers
- Knowledge of engineering principles and manufacturing practices
- Proficiency in machine operations specifically o.d grinding
- Knowledge of CNC and other programming languages
- Strong initiative and problem solving abilities
- Necessary for Success:
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Planning / Organization
- Sound judgment applied to problem solving
- Leadership with a service mentality
- Experience Guidelines:
- Manufacturing Expertise ingrinding and measurement systems
- Experience in a precision metal processing environment
- Project leadership experience is a significant plus
- Mechanically inclined
Must be capable of working on machinery independently and in a safe way
- Job Conditions and Hazards:
Some exposure to normal hazards associated with machines and manufacturing processes exists. Necessary safety equipment is required along with sound safety management.