Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve has performance agreements with global customers on rotating equipment. These agreements are called Life Cycle Advantage (LCA) Agreements. Teams of maintenance, reliability and application engineers work dedicated on customers’ site in order to supply new or repaired seals and to improve equipment life cycle time through technical advice and support. Flowserve has an opening for a Reliability Engineer.
The Reliability Engineer is a critical role in identifying Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) opportunities for upgrades and aftermarket solutions for our end user customers in the Netherlands. It is expected that the individual will work closely with the End User Sales team to analyse technical and key business information in order to leverage the entire Flowserve product and service portfolio and delivery sustainable TCO solutions to our end users. Successful candidates ideally have a strong technical background in rotating equipment and/or mechanical seals.
- Champion the Flowserve LCA vision into actionable strategies with clear objectives and deliverables to insure world class best practices are implemented across all Life Cycle Advantage sites;
- Actively lead the implementation of the LCA 2.0 strategy within end user locations by driving enhancements and sharing best practices to ensure efficient execution and site performance objectives are exceeded;
- Strategically translate equipment data intelligence and failure history into formal reliability solutions that meet ROI expectations and a sustainable TCO solution is delivered and accepted by the customer;
- Coordinate with LCA Execution, On-site Application Engineers, Business Development and End User Sales teams to ensure overall health, long term growth and sustainability of the Life Cycle Advantage programs is achieved;
- Work collaboratively with LCA Execution Managers and on-site Application Engineers to develop actionable plans to drive continuous improvements, monitor performance, and improve customer satisfaction levels by driving effective execution of the program and ensuring customers openly recognize the value add of the LCA;
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to identify problem applications, data trends and evaluate the potential impact of problems and financial impact of proposed solutions;
- Maintain a high level of competence and be comfortable operating and communicating within the Flowserve Sales, Technical Service and Operational organizations;
- Ability to work closely with customers through strong verbal and written communication skills in a confident and positive manner;
- Works effectively with a high degree of self-management making sound decisions and managing multiple priorities.
- Lead wisely with commitment, discipline, and passion, while exhibiting exemplary behaviours at all times;
- Translate the Flowserve Life Cycle Advantage vision into actionable strategies with clear objectives and deliverables while ensuring end-user agreements perform at a world class level and achieve long term growth and sustainability;
- Set an example of commitment to Flowserve by energizing others about the future in a manner that promotes higher levels of performance and motivates them to go the extra mile;
- Have a ‘customer first’ attitude and ensure they view and measure our LCA agreements and Flowserve as responsive, reliable, and consistent in offering solutions and solving problems;
- Raise the bar on performance to build a culture that values follow through, commitment and address performance issues in a proactive manner;
- Communicates the business case for change and challenges others to look for new ways and approaches to individual and team activities;
- Provides support for change and motivates others to challenge current thinking and work collaboratively to improve work methods and approaches;
- Actively manage team members by conveying a sense of contagious passion for the work and inspires commitment to the vision and strategic direction of the organization;
- Execute the LCA mission fully and effectively by holding others accountable for their responsibilities and addressing performance obstacles to ensure results are met;
- Develop leadership and succession talent by providing an atmosphere where continual training and education are the norm and high performing associates are retained through understanding their career growth opportunities at Flowserve;
- Use key metrics as a primary mechanism for monitoring performance, driving effective site execution and managing your team’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in a service oriented environment, in a related industry;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the basic functions of the Oil & Gas and Chemical industries;
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer’s manufacturing process including pump and seal requirements;
Strong technical background in rotating equipment and/or mechanical seals;
- Candidate should have a demonstrated pro-active behaviour and ability to create and further develop this skill;
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan organize and accomplish goals;
- Excellent communication skills to conduct training sessions and communicate with the customer;
- Strong self-motivated, willingness to learn, assertive, positive attitude and work ethics;
- Strong PC knowledge, including Microsoft Excel, Power Point experience is required.
A great place to work. Not only because we offer safety, loyalty and responsibility. Also because we offer competitive salary packages, that include a total of 27 holidays, 13-ADV days and 5% year-end bonus. Flowserve offers a number of different options of health and welfare benefits as well as a recognition program that rewards and celebrates Flowserve associates.
The reference number for this vacancy is: 37803BR - Please apply through flowserve.jobs.