Rugby, United Kingdom
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Airwave leads the world in delivering mission critical communications services.
Great Britain’s emergency services and many public service organisations rely on Airwave to keep them communicating during both day to day operations and especially during unplanned incidents.
Today, we are transforming how they are able to use some of these tools, taking advantage of tomorrow’s capabilities today, blending technologies to achieve better results.
We are delivering the benefits of 4G for high speed secure video and data on demand. This enables faster decision making through the application of real-time intelligence and dynamic resource management.
- Working within a team you will provide remote configuration of Communication Transmission links within a project environment. As part of this team you will be able to remotely configure Communication Transmission links, working in partnership with field and support engineers.
- The Configuration Team pre-configure the switch and base sites to work on their newly allocated zone and site identifications. There is a significant amount of configuration work required prior to the cutover.
- During the cutover, new configurations are loaded with voice and data tests are completed post the cutover in conjunction with the Field Engineer.
- Working to an exacting time frame in a zero error environment, the configuration of the equipment is completed as part of an orchestrated daily plan, interfacing with a number of internal and external resources, ensuring all the relevant paperwork and documentation for each cutover is completed in real time.
As our successful Configuration Engineer:
- You will ensure all Configuration Change Requests are built and delivered to agreed timescales.
- You will resolve problems in a timely manner and escalate when appropriate.
- You are able to liaise with external and internal customers when necessary to resolve system issues.
- You will have the ability to fault find and troubleshoot
- You can complete EBTS site builds, provide EBTS Network Support and make deletions on the PRNM Suite.
- You will have relevant experience to complete OSS updates on systems including Remedy and Comptel.
- You will understand WAN and Router configuration to ensure correct operation of EBTS Sites.
- You will be able to implement end-to-end builds, deletions, amendments, reports, auditing, validating and fault finding within the network configuration, Networks and OSS Areas, within agreed SLA's and OLA's.
- You will have experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications and a good working knowledge of databases and Excel
- Excellent problem solving, organisation and time management skills
- You will be highly motivated and able to work closely with team members, other teams and both internal and external customers
- You will have had exposure to Telecommunications Engineering, also possibly Terrestrial Trunked Radio Networks (TETRA) and Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN)
- You will hold a valid Driving License
Successful candidate will need to be Security Cleared and will undergo a UK security vetting process for this position.
Are you interested? Apply HERE!